GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had pretty much decided to wait and see what Honda had in store for us when they finally got around to a Goldwing redesign. That is until I had the opportunity to buy a leftover 08 for $14,700 plus my state sales tax but no other fees.

Will the new one be worth the wait or should I jump on this deal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
IMO = if it's the equipment you want - go for it. That's what I did at the end of last year and the savings allowed me to "upgrade" to an ABS unit.

Heck the warrenty doesn't start until you take it out the door, so if you plan to keep it a while, what's the difference. You won't loose on that score and I didn't see enough difference in 09's to warrent the extra price.

Like I said, just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
If it is brand new that is a great deal. Breaks my heart. I bought one 2 months and gave $17,200 (fees inc.).

·
Registered
203 Posts
If it is brand new that is a great deal.
That could be a really GREAT deal! Life's too short already. If you wait on a better deal or a redesign, I suspect you'll regret it.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You never know when or what the new design will be. Buy one now (excellent price) and then trade it for a new one in '10, '11, '12 or when ever Honda gets around to the new design.

Get the '08. Nothing like a new bike and it will help stimulate both you and the economy. :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
go for the deal

·
Registered
477 Posts
Warranty Can Start While Before Purchase

The Honda warranty will start when the bike is delivered to a dealer as a demo unit. Apparently, dealers can order new bikes under this program and keep them in stock; persumably, in case someone wants to test ride one. I learned the hard way that the warranty started 6 months before I purchased my bike. Honda made an adjustment and gave me the time back after I called Honda USA.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Honda warranty will start when the bike is delivered to a dealer as a demo unit. Apparently, dealers can order new bikes under this program and keep them in stock; persumably, in case someone wants to test ride one. I learned the hard way that the warranty started 6 months before I purchased my bike. Honda made an adjustment and gave me the time back after I called Honda USA.
Everytime I've ever looked at a "left over" previous year bike, Honda has always assured me that the full warrenty started on the day I picked up the bike. Maybe there are 2 programs, one for "demos" and one for left over "previous" year bikes that were just setting in a warehouse somewhere?

But, you make a good point and it's worth making sure of before you buy.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Great price, you will take an immediate depreciation hit of a year old bike. I've bought two year end bikes, no regrets.

H

·
0 Posts
The "Demo" program is a way for Honda to give the dealers some incentive to buy more bikes. They do it when it suits Honda's purposes. The warranty starts when the bike is registered as a Demo unit so the dealer can get the incentives. Theoretically the warranty can be up before it is delivered to the customer if it sits on the dealers floor for a period of time.

And I don't think you can buy an extended warranty on a demo unit. I will verify that.

Have your dealer put the length of the warranty on your sales contract so you know up front what you are facing.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
bmacz06: Is this a leftover "new" 08 or a demo? If new, who's the dealer, I may give him a call myself. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
Rethunk it
08 models now .9% financing

·
Registered
246 Posts
deinitely, go for it today. Honda new finance at 0.99 on 2008.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Go get it today! I spent 5 months haggeling and fretting over my '08. Finally got the deal I wanted and pulled the trigger. I'm not sure the 5 month wait was worth the $2,000 I saved. At the price you quoated I can't see you getting a much better deal. So buy it already!! LOL

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
You are making a serious mistake if you buy that bike. It will be a decision that you will regret for the rest of your life. Don't buy that bike!!!!!:wrong:

PM me the dealer's number so I can buy it.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
unless abs is worth another $4300 to you

this is a great deal

even if the color isnt your favorite

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
It wouldn't matter if it was pink with purple polka dots. Still an amazing deal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts