GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In February will be 2 years since I had my Tour DCT with zero problems or disappointments.
If I add my previous Honda touring bike , it's 5 years of pure riding joy.
But I admit I don't commute with the bike, I don't do much interstates or freeways , I ride all year around mostly mountain and canyon roads for the joy of riding.

Thank you Honda!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Only problem for me damm thing keeps running out of gas!!!

LOL

Mattbcnv
I have an issue with tires and brake pads, too... They keep disappearing, it's like someone shaves off some material nearly every day.

I think I need an alarm on my bike, to cure this.

I guess I should list lack of a factory alarm in the "disappointments" thread, too...

·
Registered
16,461 Posts
Soon, spring, will be two years for me too. Only problem I had was some odd malfunction of the speed limiter that let it go over the set limit, but ran very herky-jerky in doing so. That was cured by having the ECM programming changed. Smooth as silk now at any speed I have dared to approach. I guess the seat was a minor problem, that also improved.

prs

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Nice to hear about how good the bike is. I keep wondering whether to buy or not will all the write ups about the new wing. I hope every year they make a few changes as the problems arise. I should be ready by 2022.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Same here. Two years next month. Zero issues except heated grips are out and I have done dct initialization twice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
it will be 2 years for me in February, and I have 18000 miles. time to get the original tires replaced. zero problems

·
Registered
38 Posts
CarpiDeim and Tony I’ve seen two year old bikes with just 100’s of miles on them and that would explain the absence of problems. Is this the case?

·
Registered
446 Posts
My two year mark is in late March. The only issue is the heated grips quit working and I haven't taken it to a dealer for any warranty work (they just stopped working though the seat heats just fine). Any and all problems I've experienced have been my own fault and not attributable to the bike's workmanship, design, or material quality. Except for the grip issue. I'm over 19k miles have performed all the necessary maintenance myself (with the help of Fred's videos) with the exception of tire changes which I don't mind paying an indy to do (it's simply worth the $40 to me). I don't mind saying I wish I would have bought a Goldwing a long time ago. I did enjoy my Harley and sportbikes, but this 'Wing is just a dream machine to ride. Yeah, this is just my kind of bike.

·
Registered
131 Posts
2 years in May 45000km no problems. Actually the only problem is living in Canada I cant ride year round, otherwise I would have twice the mileage.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
CarpiDeim and Tony I’ve seen two year old bikes with just 100’s of miles on them and that would explain the absence of problems. Is this the case?
I wasnt going to say anything to this but I cant help myself ! Evidently you have a comprehension problem and or didnt read the 20 preceding posts. Go back to the beginning post and read them slowly and pay attention ; especially to the MILEAGE. Or are you just a trouble making troll ????? :crying:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have not put that many miles on my 2019 yet coming up on my first year. That being said I have owned, and put a lot of miles on, many Hondas going back to 1972 when I bought my first a 750. I don't recall ever having a warranty claim for anything on any of them and the only one that failed out of warranty was my 1977 750 F2 which dropped a valve out of warranty. This was not a uncommon problem with this model year F2 if you ran the bike hard like I was wont to do. This model 750 had a short duration higher lift cam unlike the Previous year F model or Hondas other K750's. Honda just doesn't make many major engineering mistakes.

On the other hand my BMW dealer can't sell many of the BMW's sitting on his floor because of a stop sales order from BMW that has been in effect since last fall. This is the third major recall I remember from BMW in the last 6 years.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts