GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I've had my 2018 6 -speed for over two years now with 14500 miles...had an issue with the HSA at around 6400 miles. Honda repaired it and the bike has been problem-free since that warranty repair.

My only disappointment is with the dash panel and how it's impossible to clean it without putting micro scratches in it and it looks just horrible with the sun behind you shining on the dash.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very happy with my 2018 DCT. Only about 13,000 due to weather, family etc., but plan some longer trips this year.
People comment on it all the time. Nice trip to Canada from Oklahoma last year.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Yesterday ride in North Colorado (Bellvue) ...where is the snow?

Reactions: Brian_Fenner

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
you all are right ; I just read my post and thought , did I really say that ? Wow I must have really been in a bad mood. Weird At first I thought someone hacked me. Anyway sorry for being weird myself. PS. I love this bike ; rode it cross country last june and gonna do it again this year. Still in shock I said that.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
you all are right ; I just read my post and thought , did I really say that ? Wow I must have really been in a bad mood. Weird At first I thought someone hacked me. Anyway sorry for being weird myself. PS. I love this bike ; rode it cross country last june and gonna do it again this year. Still in shock I said that.
Don't worry! If somebody make an inflammatory comment the first reaction is an angry response...
I just put them on my ignore list by positioning the mouse cursor over their "name" until a popup window appear and I click the 3 vertical dots and "Ignore".
And with the current web site they totally disappear from my screens, no more inflammatory comments, no more unrequested opinions, no more hijacking topics, etc
It's wonderful!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
unfortunately I would have to ignore myself ! hahaha damn , wondering what pulled my trigger because I usually just move on. Sigh !

Reactions: CarpeDiem

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
The only problem I have had with mine is that the horn is too loud. I am used to having to replace the beep-beep road-runner horn on my ex-BMW/s and I miss that.......NOT!

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
It's truly rare that someone can purchase an item and be perfectly content, my hat is off to those who achieved that. Every motorcycle I ever purchased, there was complaints and disappointments that required some attention from me to make it better for me, that didn't mean that I didn't like the overall motorcycle. I can understand the "no problems" part of this thread, but its really hard to believe the "no complaints", " no disappointment " part. Even though I know some take great offense to what they perceive as negative comments about the motorcycle they love, and often block or ignore those comments.

I suggest to them, that those constructive comments are the reason we have what many of you feel is a new better Goldwing, newly redesigned grab rails, a second key fob, updates, etc. you actually owe a debt of gratitude to those who complained about cracked frames, outdated electronics, inadequate suspension, etc.( none of which was a problem for me) If you like your motorcycle, that is all that matters, it's a policy that have worked for me with the motorcycles I own. I don't take it personally when someone don't .

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Two years ago the 2/14/2018...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
2 Years ago today...Happy San Valentine! My sweet Honda Goldwing!

·
Registered
19,023 Posts
2 years here
only issue is I had tie rods replaced under warranty
they had some slop
black3.png

41 - 57 of 57 Posts