GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone uses this cover and if so what are their likes and/or dislikes. Like the way you still have access to the storage while the seats, controls and windshield are covered.

Used a Nelson-Riggs full cover on the VTX at home and traveling but man that thing took up a lot of room.

Last question: Is this the only half cover that anyone knows about? (riggs makes a half cover but it goes under the trunk and is larger)

TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tour King 1/2/ Cover

I have been using the Tour King for a few years. It is easy to use and does not take up much room. No folding - just stuff it in the bag in you are ready to go.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a Tour King cover, and am very happy with it. Used it on a week long trip. Easy on and easy off. Stuffs into a pouch about the size of a beer can when not in use. While they, (Tour King), made no claims of it being water proof, my seat and dash remained dry in rain and snow. (It forms a tent-like shape and the water just runs off).

Money well spent. IMHO.

Mack

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I've used the Tour-King for about 4 years now. Takes about 30 seconds to put the thing on. I use it to cover the bike anytime I'm away from it.

As stated above, it packs very small so I keep it with the bike at all times. I would buy one again.

I've looked at other half-covers but found them to be either too bulky or rubbed on painted surfaces enough to cause concern.

G

·
I have a Kuryakyn 1/2 cover like this one:

Found here:
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =477182964

Have had it for 2 years and use it every day I ride to work. It's fading to a dark grey now from black, but still works. Not quite as water proof as it was when new. Elastic staps are getting fatigued. Not worth a damn in the wind as the front comes up over the fairing and off the windshield. Scale of 1-10, I'd rate it a 6. There should be better elastic on it and some way to hold the front over the fairing. It does however, serve its purpose of keeping the sun off the dash and seat. When its windy, I attach spring loaded clamps under the front edge to secure it to the plastic bodywork and the wind leaves it alone now.

Would I buy again??? Eh. I'll probably try another brand next time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
tour king

I have the tour king and I use it all athe time I'm on the road. It will keep the seats dry and covered. I use the full cover for long turn storage, ie; winter lay up. I like the small package it packs into for traveling. Tom

·
Registered
824 Posts
Just watch out for any that have bungee cords.... Dang they smart.... :evil: Don't ask me how I know.... 8)

Melissa

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have one and like it very much

one improvement, if you can hear me all the way to TX. Make the windshield length just a little longer to totally cover the vent :idea:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I used the tour king on my st1300. While it does take up very little room when packed I felt it was not heavy enough to keep things dry in a down pour. I now use the 1/2 cover from Kurykayn. I have been satisfied with it so far

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have had the Tour King for 2 years and use it a lot when I travel. It works great. One thing I did was to treat it with Camp Dry. Spray both sides and you will have a waterproof cover. I recently purchased the Kury half cover from Hal. This cover packs huge compared to the Tour King, probably 4 times the space of the Tour King. It is a nice cover but.... I need the luggage space so.... I will be travelling with the Tour King!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've been using the TourKing 1/2 cover since 2002. Only suggestion I had for Terry (the owner of Tour King) was to design a cover to fit the bike when it's on the side stand. Inspite of that little short coming, it's been a great investment. I also have one of Terry's first covers designed specifically for my Bushtec Quantum GL trailer. Another great investment.

I never met him, only talked with him on the phone. He sent me the covers before I even paid for them. That tells you alot about the quality of his product and him as a person.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Appreciate all the answers guys. They are in line with what I was thinking.

Know there are other covers that would be better for longer term, but the size and ease of use on the road is what I was looking for and it sounds like this is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I've been using the Tour King cover since '02. Love it so I bought another one for my RT.

I especially like how it fits into the little cubbys' by the passenger seat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts