GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in Daytona last week, someone broke into the enclosed M/C trailer I was borrowing and stole my helmets, gloves and First Gear Mesh jackets. The bike was not touched but the insurance deductible is higher than the loss. So, I am now looking at replacing everything and the Cortech mesh jackets look interesting.
Can anyone give me some feedback as far as quality, fit and breathability of these jackets.
TIA,
TomG

·
Registered
146 Posts
I cannot comment about the mesh jacket in particular, but I have lots of Cortech/Tour Master items. The Cortech 3/4 jacket is great. It fits well, is comfortable, seems well made, and does everything its advertised to (waterproof, etc.). Based on personal experience, I do recommend the Cortech/TourMaster line.

·
Registered
300 Posts
jackets and pants

imy wife and i have had the cortech jacketand pants as soon as wegot our wing and we love them. the breath well even on hotterdays most jackets would have you sweating, these breat sao well that you will get warm but not overly hot , the removable liner is full length sleeve .many vents to poen up .plenty of pockets lots of velcro .im 5-10 and 200lbs i wear the mens large jacket which is a little bulky i got the pants before i lost alot of weight so they are really bulky but both keep the weather out really well it took a full day of hard drivng rain to get me wet it came in two places the neck and the crotch . the neck could be my fault i was wearing a half helmet during this ride. these are by tour master we went to a nearby shop that carried them and tried them on to see how they fit then found the cheapest pirce on the net and bought them that way ...on everything total we saved aroound 2oo bucks that way ....good luck , hope they work for you i know i love them ....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tour Master Cortech Mesh Jacket ?

My wife purchased a Cortech GX Air Jacket at wing Ding this year. She bought one size larger than usual to allow room for her Gerbing Liner. I bought a Zero-60 Cool Jacket as I felt that the design allowed more air to flow through it. We are both satisified with our jackets.
The only problem we have is that it is snowing now in New Hampshire.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Phoenix jackets are nice

I have experience with the Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket (mesh jacket). Have used for 2 riding seasons. Really enjoy the jacket and it is priced great. It now comes with a removable waterproof liner that I added to my jacket. A good source is www.newenough.com. I have made a 2 or 3 purchases from them with very good results. The Phoenix jacket also has received a good review in Motorcylce Consumer News (MCN). They did note that the black jacket does get hotter than a lighter color. I also read a letter to the editor in MCM where someone crashed & their Phoenix jacket held up very well against sliding down asphault. They recently have added matching pants. I have no first hand experience with their Phoenix pants.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I also have the TourMaster Cortech GX Air Jackets. I think they are the nicest and most comfortable ones on the market right now. I've tried on most brands and these are great. I only rode twice last summer without these jackets only because I had a warmer jacket with and not the GX Airs'.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Best available for a good price...

I bought a couple on the web for $115 each and really like them. I tried the others and found a large difference in look, feel and fit. The one I would really like is Motoport but they want $400 each and it breaks the bank for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Last summer I bought two - one for me and one for my wife. I love mine and she never wore hers. It is for sale if interested. Ladies medium 10-12, red. new, never worn. e-mail me if interested. I can make you a deal on it.

JB

·
Registered
168 Posts
I purchased Joe Rocket Phoenix jackets a couple of years ago for my SO and I. I'm over 6'4" so I bought 2XL and had it tailored; added the liner and I really love the jacket - wear it year-round here in AZ. Decided to purchase two more, for my two sons. SURPRISE! The "new" Joe Rocket Phoenix III is WAY different fitting. Shorter in back, shorter sleeves. I'm pretty displeased, but when you buy on-line, and you don't get to try em on before ordering - you run this risk. I had no idea the new jackets would be that different. I'd suggest visiting a retailer, try-on exactly what you're planning to buy, they (if your conscience allows) go on-line and make your purchase. Chad - Phoenix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts