GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are about 18 highway crossings, landings and stops along the length of the Ogeechee river. Most all of them along this 220 mile stretch are very beautiful if your into the cypress tree, hanging moss kinda scenery. It pretty much starts as just a stream, just below Crawfordville south of I 20, the shoals we call it, then turns into a 1/2 mile wide waterway near Savannah. About halfway, in Midville Ga., two great seafood and steak restuarants, Colemans Lake and Mc Kinneys Pond. One on the river, one on an old Mill Pond, both open only for dinner. At the last stop you have Loves seafood restuarant.
If anyone wants to give it a whirl, i would be glad to tag along if schedule permits.

If any interest i will try and map the stops.

Jeff

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need a good planner, i'm away from the computer too much to get er done right... Maybe we will get a volunteer.

jeff

·
Banned
2,341 Posts
Sounds like a plan. With this months 3 day weekend at the end of the month this could work out to be a next month ride. That would be right after the RMRI and will work for me. So you have about 2 months to plan. ;)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
What's so great about the Ogeechee River? I've been on it at Six Flags over Georgia. Those indians are fake, the bullets are blanks, and that tree the beavers cut down goes back up after the tour boat starts around the next bend. The eating places might be worth it though.:joke::joke:

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm in.....

.........by the way.....where, and what is an Ogeechee...and do they have scallops?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lots of scallops, at Colemans Lake, i recommend the Lime Grilled... Don't remember the Ogeechee ride at Six Flags, i'm a little younger than Slow Joe............Sorry...:lol:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Craig, you and the Mrs Scoot coming to the ride in ?
I do not belive me can make it..This next weekend..soccer team over for pool & burgers,follwing weekend friends heading over for the night,following weekend,graduation & wedding on the same day..Then 2 weeks from there we head to canada...But if i find the time I willl go...lol...how have you both been doing?..Are you going to it?...

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
This sounds do-able.

Nail a date, time, meeting spot and let's see what we can do....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts