GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm liking the idea of being able to (somewhat) easily convert my tour model to a bagger after seeing the Traxxion trunk removal kit and videos.

Anyone do this yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've done that. Great option. At the same time, you should contact Max at Traxxion for the 'quick change' kit. It's some brackets he has designed and manufactures. You'll end up doing the complete, rather time consuming tear down of the trunk and such to allow you to affix the brackets from Traction. After that, no problems. Easy and quick to go from Tour to Bagger and back.

Gotta' give a shout out to Max at Traxxion for this one. No need for negative comments about Traxxion or Max. This is only my experience, and YMMV.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done that. Great option. At the same time, you should contact Max at Traxxion for the 'quick change' kit. It's some brackets he has designed and manufactures. You'll end up doing the complete, rather time consuming tear down of the trunk and such to allow you to affix the brackets from Traction. After that, no problems. Easy and quick to go from Tour to Bagger and back.

Gotta' give a shout out to Max at Traxxion for this one. No need for negative comments about Traxxion or Max. This is only my experience, and YMMV.
Max's quick change kit is what has me considering this. I would never go through the trouble otherwise.

·
Registered
29 Posts
NWPA Tim...

Max has a couple videos for installing the regular Hondaline Accessory Trunk Removal Kit (not the quick change). And he has the later series of videos for his Quick Change Kit. I wasn't sure which videos you referenced.

I recommend the kit. Not too expensive at all, and considering the many hours it will save you, quite a bargain.

I left the trunk emergency release cable under the seat. Saves a lot of time by not threading it back into the right saddlebag. It isn't a problem there, as you can pop up the front of the seat and pull that cable to open the trunk if necessary. Just carry a 6mm hex.

I also have the Traxxion Passenger Grab Rails that I use for when the trunk is on the bike. Looks great, and very sturdy. I use the stock grab rails when I have the trunk removed. A perfect match either way.

Funny, I joined this forum after reading your post, as I had just recently finished up with my install of the quick change kit. That kit install takes some time, but you'll do that only once. From then on, should take no more than 30 minutes to go from trunk to bagger, or vice versa.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks CBR50.

I'm disassembling the back of the bike anyway to install the Homelink, luggage rack with brake light, and trunk light.

Seems that I might as well do everything that may get added later at one time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts