GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest issue of MCN compared six waterproof touring boots under $250.00. The BMW Allround took top honors. The catagories are Fit, Comfort, Protection, Conspicuity, Soak test and Value.

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
The latest issue of MCN compared six waterproof touring boots under $250.00. The BMW Allround took top honors. The catagories are Fit, Comfort, Protection, Conspicuity, Soak test and Value.
Aerostich Combat Lites are what I use, and love them, but a little high priced. I had the BMW Allround prior, and they were good, but not as much support at the Aerostich.

·
Registered
528 Posts
BMW Allround

BMW Allround ..My wife wore them to Alaska and back we had elevendays of rain, heavy rain at times, high in the low forties. Her feet remained warm and dry.. These are Great boots..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just about to wear out a pair of TourMaster Solutions have a new pair waiting. I dont know if they made their list but they are tops on mine.

R

·
Love The DCT
12,017 Posts
Just about to wear out a pair of TourMaster Solutions have a new pair waiting. I dont know if they made their list but they are tops on mine.

R
The Tourmaster's are an excellent, comfortable, reasonably priced boot that will keep your feet dry. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

R
The criteria was Water Proof Touring Boot under $250.00 so if the TourMaster met that criteria, they probably didn't bother to submit a pair of their boots for testing. There were six sets of boots in this test, two of which failed because during the soak test they leaked. Crusierworks was another boot NOT represented in this test. Another equally weighted area of testing was protection. If the boot did not have ankle, shin and toe protection, it lost a lot of points. A lot of touring boots lack protection, my Crusierworks have no shin protection and no ankle protection, for that reason I replaced them.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I sent back a pair of Tourmaster's due to the fact that the shank is so narrow, I couldn't get my feet in! Had issues with other brands for this reason also. Wear Justin cowboy-style work boots; steel toe, waterproof, available in wide sizes, and a more reasonable $119.99 on-line including shipping. Since they only last me a couple years anyway, I refuse to pay $300, for a pair of boots! :shrug:

The criteria was Water Proof Touring Boot under $250.00 so if the TourMaster met that criteria, they probably didn't bother to submit a pair of their boots for testing. There were six sets of boots in this test, two of which failed because during the soak test they leaked. Crusierworks was another boot NOT represented in this test. Another equally weighted area of testing was protection. If the boot did not have ankle, shin and toe protection, it lost a lot of points. A lot of touring boots lack protection, my Crusierworks have no shin protection and no ankle protection, for that reason I replaced them.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I also have the tourmasters and the only complaint I have is they are not comfortable to walk around in for a while, as an MSF ridercoach this is important to me so I can ride demos without having to switch boots on the range. I can handle them as a walking boot for anything under an hour, after that and my feet are screaming at me. On the range, I've started using an old set of work boots I have. Not ideal for riding in but its available (free) and gets the job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts