GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the touring kit added to the wing today. The pearl stallion brown is not available in the touring model, so to make the wife feel more secure I installed her throne. Not too bad of a project, about 6 hours taking my time and triple checking the install instructions. I’m very anxious for Max to start selling his quick change kit so I can easily switch back and forth.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
One benefit of getting the non-tour GW is that if you opt to get a Traxxion suspension upgrade, you don't have to worry about losing the electronic preload adjustment.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
One benefit of getting the non-tour GW is that if you opt to get a Traxxion suspension upgrade, you don't have to worry about losing the electronic preload adjustment.
I did not think that you lost it when you get the tour.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Gene, Nice looking Bike,

As you probably know, I have the Traxxion Grab Rails on my 2018 Standard. My girlfriend Loves's these Rails and says she now feels completely secure (she hated the stock grab rails). My guess is if you had these, your wife would feel completely secure and you would not be putting the rear trunk on the bike as often as you think ??

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt, those grab rails are far superior to the stock ones. Hopefully Max will soon be selling his quick change kit for the new Wings and we can switch from bagger to tourer in 15 minutes?? Great looking Wing you have there sir!

Reactions: Max McAllister

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
The Traxxion suspension upgrade removes the Tour's electronic preload adjustment. A big downgrade from the suspension upgrade if you ask me.
This is wrong, not sure who told you this.

The electronic rear preload system is fully functional on Tour model Wings with our suspension.

The JOKE is, the manually controlled knob on the Standard model give the owner a full complete range of choice as to where to set the rear shock, whereas the electronic adjuster is terribly spaced, and actually only had 3 positions, not 4.

Sorry to hijack your post BBQWing.

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Got the touring kit added to the wing today. The pearl stallion brown is not available in the touring model, so to make the wife feel more secure I installed her throne. Not too bad of a project, about 6 hours taking my time and triple checking the install instructions. I’m very anxious for Max to start selling his quick change kit so I can easily switch back and forth.
Hi BBQWing,

I am curious is anyone has done the cost analysis of which way you get the most bang for your buck.

You could buy a Tour, and then buy the pearl stallion brown pieces that you have, and then sell the painted parts (blue, red, white, whatever) that came on the bike.

You could buy a Tour, and just have it painted the color you like. I have a guy that does that for $2000, not including labor to strip the bike and reassemble it, which would probably be about $500.

Or you could do it the way you did, buy the color you want, and add the trunk later.

I'd be curious to know which way worked out the best.

What did it cost to buy the trunk and related parts? Does Honda sell that as a kit?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Max, to add the tour kit you need to purchase the trunk install kit and the color kit. It actually was a complete kit (2 large boxes) with all the necessary components and good instructions provided online. The cost of both kits totaled $1670 through Wingstuff. This really wasn’t an option I was very interested in until I saw your video with your quick change kit. Now, when can I get my hands on your quick change kit? ??

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi BBQWing, You could buy a Tour, and then buy the pearl stallion brown pieces that you have, and then sell the painted parts (blue, red, white, whatever) that came on the bike.
Do they offer all the body parts already painted? I didn't know that and already had two panels repainted! And I probably paid more than new ones cost :frown2:

Marc

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honda sells the trunk color kit which is comprised of all the body panels for the rear trunk. I don’t know if you could purchase the individual pieces or not? The color kit which is available for all colors sells for $829.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Max, to add the tour kit you need to purchase the trunk install kit and the color kit. It actually was a complete kit (2 large boxes) with all the necessary components and good instructions provided online. The cost of both kits totaled $1670 through Wingstuff. This really wasn’t an option I was very interested in until I saw your video with your quick change kit. Now, when can I get my hands on your quick change kit? ??
"About" 30 days... we could get them done sooner, except we are making our first "larger" run of Grab Rails - We have sold all but one or 2 sets from our first short run!

We have final designs, finished printed protos, and we have received our CNC Programs back. So we just need our mills to open up so we can begin machining them.

·
Vendor
2,349 Posts
Do they offer all the body parts already painted? I didn't know that and already had two panels repainted! And I probably paid more than new ones cost :frown2:

Marc
As far as I know, they ONLY sell them painted. I have never heard an unpainted Honda body panel.

However, I think you would be shocked to add up the retail price on all of the bodywork.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not a downgrade

The Traxxion suspension upgrade removes the Tour's electronic preload adjustment. A big downgrade from the suspension upgrade if you ask me.
Losing the adjustment for a soft bike is not a problem. Preload for the rear works fine. All you "lose" is the apparent stiffness of the shock, which truly is tiny. Mine has front and rear Traxxion and I would not go back. Although I have all the parts if I wanted to....I don't.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts