GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the Tourmaster 3/4 jackets and pants for me and the SO. They have removable liners and are waterproof. I would like to be able to use one outfit for all of our riding, maybe adding Gerbings underneath for colder weather. If you have them what do you think of them? Hate to invest money only to find out they don't work. Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tourmaster

I've had my Tourmaster 3/4 jacket for 7 years and use it exclusively during the cooler months. Still a great jacket and would buy another. During the summers (anything above 80 degrees), we go to our JR Balistics or Phoenix.

The most important thing is fit, especially for your SO. The double ended separating zipper is a must have feature and fortunately the TM 3/4 has that. Try to find a shop that has jackets in stock so you can get a proper fit the first time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had my 3/4 jacket for a little over 3 years now and it is a very comfortable jacket after I got used to it. The only place I have ever gotten wet is from water running down the collar and only after steady rain for a couple of hours. Since I live in the Houston area it is the only jacket I need to wear in the winter with the liner in. Most of the time I wear it without the liner, only during the hottest days do I put on something else on.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I HAD one until my wife tried it on. Then I lost it & never got it back. Holly uses it unless it is real warm out then we both use Phoenix. Tourmaster is nice because with the liner you will get a lot more use out of it. They are good quality & well worth the money.

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
I am glad that so many folks like their Tourmaster clothing. For myself tho' I think the ones I have gotten a hold of were junk. Waterproofing? You've got to be kidding me, I've been dryer in the shower!

·
Registered
300 Posts
clothes

the tour master 3/4 for me and my wife with pants has kept me very dry
i road 9 hours in the torrential rain from tenn. to penn. and stayed as dri as one might expect from sitting in the rain for 3-4 hours at a time ... definatley find a shop near you to try on for sizing big must ...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Tour Master

I use the one piece and it works great. If I had it to do over again I would go with the two piece however.
Great Quality, No Problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts