GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the electric chaps by Tourmaster? Was concerned about the amount of heat provided by 45 watts and what area of the leg is heated. Are the connectors same as warm and safe?

Thanks for any information,, Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Heated Chaps

Cannot speak for the heated chaps, but I just wear my Sedici Hotwires under the chaps, and away you go.

They have 46 watts of power, but only at the high setting, I usually ride with the setting much lower (Hi, Med, Low, Off). ;) Nice and warm...

Keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
My wife and I both have the Old Style Tourmaster heated chaps. I have warn them in 30* weather on all day rides and they were warm enough on the medium or low setting. They are to be warn over a single base layer, but I will usually wear over my flannel lined jeans so I can easily remove when and if temperature goes above 50*. Connectors look to be the same as warm and safe and plug into in my Gerbing's controller. Heating area front ans sides waste area, upper legs front and sides, lower legs wrap around and ours are long enough to keep front of ankle warm when pushed down in boots. Lyle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts