GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the purchase of the Sonora mesh jacket by Tourmaster. After some research on several sites it seems like an excellent choice for riding in southern Arizona and also week long trips north in moderate weather. Does anyone on the board have experience with this jacket? I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
AZMac.....I own 2 of these jackets...I bought mine and my girlfriend liked it so much i ordered her one. The 2 liners are great and you have the option of attaching them or just wearing the outer shell over them for quick removal.

Last week we left the house at 5:30 in the morning, girlfriend put both liners on to stay warm....by 6:30 she wanted to stop and take off the heavy liner and by 8 in the morning she was down to just the shell.

The shell is mesh and the air flows great thru it. I wear a cool vest under my shell on long trips and it works very well. The shell has the inserts on the elbows, back and shoulders for safety. Also, the jacket is longer and extends below the waist which is nice and it doesn't ride up as you are sitting and leaning forward.

Overall these are the best jackets we have ever owned, very comfortable, warm when needed adn cool when needed. I would recommend this jacket to anyone. (a friend of my just grabbed on from WingStuff as they have them on sale).

Enjoy and let me know if you have any other quesitons....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked at getting this same jacket but was advised against it by several retailers as they did not have that series in a ladies version. Their feeling was to stay with a jacket that is ladies specific as it will have contours to fit their curves and the jacket will be more apt to stay in place in the event of a get off. I am at a loss as to why Tour Master advertises this as a touring style jacket yet they do not even have ladies sizes listed.

I wound up getting the Tour Master Flex for both my wife and myself and so far have been quite happy with them. It is a shorter jacket but for my riding purposes may not be all bad. I rode yesterday trying the jacket and the temperature was 102. I was warm but not hot and the jacket did a decent job of keeping me comfortable if I stayed above 35 mph. At 90 degrees, I was quite comfortable. We are off for a four day ride leaving the central valley area and headed up the coast. Temperatures are projected to be in the 40's at night. I also got her the flex pants.

This is my first post so don't beat me up to bad on any rebuttals.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree, they do not make a ladies model of this jacket, however, my girlfriend tried on several differant models and she said she could not tell the Sonora was not a "ladies" cut...the small fits her just fine.

She did try other Tourmaster jackets in the "ladies" model but prefered this one best.

Jackets are like helmets, everyone is somewhat differant and if it is not comfortable, chances are you won't wear it so make sure you like it before dropping the bucks......

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I have a Tourmaster Intake jacket and it has been great for the Arizona heat. It has a full liner (with sleeves, not just a vest-style liner) that is removable. I just returned from a 5-day, 1700 mile trip and it was the only jacket I brought. Temps ranged from 50 in Utah to 103 in Phoenix. We just got a Cortech LRX ladies jacket for the spousal equivalent for the same reason...completely vented but with a full liner. She loves it plus it's styled and cut for the ladies. We did go one size smaller on both jackets as they seemed to fit better....I normally wear a large, but have the Tourmaster in a medium. Cycle Gear on Cave Creek Road ordered the ladies jacket for the S.E.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have the Sonora and love it. With the two liners it is very versatile! Tom :doorag:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dependent on your size, I have an XL Sonora in Hi-Viz that is brand new. I wore it for 15 minutes. It is a three quarter length jacket and not to much need for it. I am selling for $110.00. Let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts