GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a warm, 3/4 length touring jacket and I like the looks of the Tourmaster Transition. I especially like the fact that they offer it is TALL sizes since I have long arms. Does anyone out there have this jacket? Is it warm enough?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
tourmaster

I'd like to know also, I am prepared to purchase one for myself and my co-pilot

G

·
0 Posts
I have had the red one since March 2006. I like it a lot. Hasn't been cold enough here in Georgia to really test it out. Since I have had it the temperature only got down to 45 degrees. Had a long sleeve shirt and t-shirt on under the jacket with the liner in. Had to stop to take the liner out because it was too warm for me. With the liner out, I have rode comfortably in 75 degree weather. Got mine from newenough.com, check them out. They have great prices, especially if you get something on closeout.

·
Registered
24 Posts
transition jacket

The transition jacket is great. It is also very adjustable to fit snugly if required. My family has two transition jackets. Use it with the removable liner and it keeps one warm. It may be more important to compliment it with good warm gloves.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
jacket

Newenough it is. I have purchased items from them before. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I order the same jacket from New Enough and they said they would deliver in about 10 days to 2 weeks. Wrong!!! Got it in 3 days. I thought that was kinda nice. :D :D :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been using this jacket for the past several months. It does take sseveral rides to remove the stiffness, but one it is broken in you will love this jackey. Extremely versitile. Handles cold weather riding and rain very well.

Chuck
MBD

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got mine in today from NewEnough.com. FAST delivery. Jacket fits perfect. Now all I need is a sub-50 degree day to test it out.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Wore my new Tourmaster Transition on a nice loooooong ride today. Started out with the liner, but had to take it out after the day got warmer. I will have to say that it is the most comfortable jacket I have worn so far and it really does keep you warm. I only had a light shirt on underneath and stayed plenty warm. I did notice that even with the liner out and the temps getting up pretty warm that I was too. Even so, I think it will be a great cold weather jacket for me.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just ordered and received jackets from NewEnough and those folks are a class act. I had to return the wifes and her replacement was in the mail before I could get to the post office to mail the return. She loves the jacket.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I can't comment on the Tourmaster jacket, as I've never even seen one, let alone wear one, however I have the FG Killimanjaro Air jacket. It's also 3/4-length. It's (mostly) mesh outer shell, with a lightly insulated, waterproof liner made out of some sort of "....Tex" material. It's very warm when riding in cool weather, cool when it's hot out--it moves a surpising amount of air through the mesh, and waterproof. The Kilii Air is one of the more comfy jackets I've owned. And it matches my yellow GL1800, too.

·
Banned
8,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
45 degrees and windy this morning and my first ride with the Transition confirms that it be a good cold weather jacket. So far, so good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts