GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn it. First off this is all ArnButt Bill's fault. He is always in a hurry.

I left my cell phone on the toilet paper holder yesterday while we were all out riding. It was Trialsman, ArnButt, which is Bill and his wife Mirtes and my wife Krista. We went to see Trailsman do his magic on his Montessa. Oh what a beauty.

I noticed my phone was not on my hip about 30 minutes from the house. I stopped at warp speed and called QT, Krista was hanging in a tree I stopped so fast. But she is alright. Nobody turned the phone in. I called Nextel and put a restriction on it. I have insurance on the phone which I didn teven know I had. The worst part is losing all the phone numbers. So if anybody on the board has called me or I have talked to them on the phone, send me your phone # please.

At least this was cheaper than my helmet. I am good for one of these a year I think.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but yesterday I was lolly-gagging and you were in a hurry to get home...
Too bad about the phone though. What am going to do with you? I should've sent Paul in to check on you like at the other rest stop.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Bill I can understand someone having to keep up with and look out after old people like me but a young whipper snapper like Toyo. Whats he going to be like when he gets old ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Steven, sorry to hear about your phone. When you get another one set up a user account on My Nextel. When you get numbers back in your phone store them in your online account. That way when you upgrade or lose phones you can always put your info back. Don't ask me how I know this! :lol:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Snoppy said:
Bill I can understand someone having to keep up with and look out after old people like me but a young whipper snapper like Toyo. Whats he going to be like when he gets old ?
Retarded --- o.k.
Old --- o.k.
Retarded and old? :shock:

Krista should always stay with him. :wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Toyo
If you had mobile locator you could log onto their web site and find it.
I do that often for my wife. She will leave it everywhere but i find on the map. We track all our people with this.

Hope it comes home to ya

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Wingit said:
Steven, sorry to hear about your phone. When you get another one set up a user account on My Nextel. When you get numbers back in your phone store them in your online account. That way when you upgrade or lose phones you can always put your info back. Don't ask me how I know this! :lol:
If you had mobile locator you could log onto their web site and find it.
I do that often for my wife. She will leave it everywhere but i find on the map. We track all our people with this.

Yes, both of these options work, the upload of phone numbers is no cost, but there is a charge for the locater service. All Nextel (Motorola iDEN) phones built in the last three + years have GPS built into them. If you find the right service or customer care person they may even be able to locate your phone, if it is still on.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Have you tried calling your phone to see if maybe Bill answers? How come you left it on the ass wipes? That seems like it would interfere with the business at hand.

G

·
Re: Okay, help me out here

Canyon Dancer in Colorado said:
Okay help me out here.......what kind of "manuver" in the bathroom requires you to remove your telephone?
This I got to hear.

Maybe I'll learn something here that will make my life easier.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had on alot of clothes. My phone was getting in the way while I was tucking in my shirts. So I took it off my belt clip and set it on the toilet paper holder. I just so happen to remember that 1 hour later.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys are crazy! The toilet paper holder was a big stainless steel case/housing. I set it on the top of it. And who said I needed toilet paper? Not all people stand to pee.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do not have the GPS locater service on my phone. Never felt a need for it. I can locate the phone with GPS when I have the phone, not from a remote way.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts