GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past week I have noticed my low pressure light coming on my 2009 lev. 1 bike. Tonight I found out why it was coming on. My faithful tire gauge which is a Accu-Gage was showing me 41 lbs. of pressure. So for two weeks I knew I had enough air and would not relate the pressure to the tire gauge. Well I had a brain fart tonight and thought lets go find a good quality gauge and compare. Bingo---it was my old and broken gauge that was reading 41 when in fact I had 34. Low enough to cause the low pressure light to come on. I'm buying a real good gauge soon.

I noticed that my gauge dial would rest at the 6lb. mark. This should have been a clue I guess.
I guess what I'm trying to share is, know your gauge and have one to go to for a comparison ( a good one) :thumbup:

What are some real good ones out there besides Accu-Gage

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Another short cut Honda took, an idiot light instead of a real read out like other bikes have. My concours reads front and rear tires and the actually PSI in each.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Tire gauge... I replace it once a year. I also have two of them and I know the error in both so I find the middle ground and run with it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I purchased the Slime Digital gauge with the 9" extended hose $12.99......it has the universal tip for hard to reach areas.....like on my streetglide rear tire.....I broke out into a sweat trying to adjust the pressure.........my Goldwing has the elbow valve so easy.........anyway this works perfect.....you can get it at auto zone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts