GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping some one could help me out here. My wife and I just got home from a 3 day ride in and around Napa/Sonoma area. On the second day the TMPS light (not the (!) light) came on solid. I pulled over, checked the air, turned the bike on and off.... nothing. Since the tire pressure was fine I babied it to our next stop. I checked the pressure there and again, all was well. The next day we started off with both the light still on, and the tire pressure fine. After about 50 miles or so the light went out for about 25 miles. No big bumps, no tight turns. It did this about 3 times through out the day, going off for no reason - coming on for no reason. I am not sure if there is anything I could adjust/tighten/reset, or if this is a bad sensor. Any help or info would be appreciated.

Here are my secs:
2010 ABS
about 13000 miles on it
had tires changed over 100 miles ago (previous to this trip) and the sensor worked fine.
tires are Dunlop e3 elites (p.s. a real nice tire so far)
our route was around 120 miles with light to semi aggresive turns

Thanks much

Joe

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Most likely battery in sensor.

·
Registered
401 Posts
2 things

Either the batteries are going down or one (or both) of the sensors is going bad. I had a sensor disassemble inside the tire. Honda replaced it, but they are having trouble getting the system to work again.

The OEM TPMS is not so good. Idiot lights never are...
...gene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts