GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the air after warming it up before riding today and was down to 29 and 30 psi, so I inflated both tires. After I stopped for gas the TPMS light came on, after stopping and restarting it went out, then came on again. Sound familiar? Is there anything I can do about this?

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
"Cruiseman" has a video on how to disable the idiot light. When it warms up in the shed(spring) I might try it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a similar problem, started last April. Mother replaced the rear sensor two weeks ago due to battery failure. Unfortunately, the front is the same age but they won't fix it until it shows bad on their tester.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It is an outdated system that often requires expensive parts replacement on a regular basis. There is a plug n play sub harness available from one of the trike builders that will disable the light.
Maybe someone else could chime in with phone and part numbers. If memory serves me correctly the cost is about $35.00.
Since I check my tires before each ride and at every fuel stop I do not worry about a system that has proven itself to be more of a bother than an aid.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I would be interested in a plug and play light bypass.

Reactions: Big Tom

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I would be interested in a plug and play light bypass.
Bob, call Will Wanless at CSC Trikes. He will send you one for $35 plus S&H
Phone # is 434-263-6500 ext# 30. I got one on my bike. Easy to plug in and works great.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Why wouldn't we assume the batteries are going out in one or both sensors?

These sensors take specially-equipped batteries and Fred Harmon @FredH has offered to help folks with their sensors in the past.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Capt. Bob is right. Put the TPMS plug and play in my 2010 wing.Very easy to do. Corrected the problem. Alot easier than splicing wires.:wink2:

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Thanks Cap't I will be on the phone Monday to order the plug. I like that idea instead of cutting wires.

Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the 100k extended warranty so I'll have to see if its covered on my 2014

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its the Honda extended warranty and it was for the longest term offered, 5 or 7 years.

So back to my question, is the TPMS system covered for the term of the warranty ?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Its the Honda extended warranty and it was for the longest term offered, 5 or 7 years.

So back to my question, is the TPMS system covered for the term of the warranty ?
Just prior to me buying my bike last Jan. the original owner had the rear sensor replaced under warranty a few days before the warranty was due to expire. So the answer would be yes to your question based on my experience.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts

Yes, the TPMS is covered under the Honda Care Protection Plan.

In 2016, I had the TPMS front sending unit, rear sending unit and the receiving unit replaced on my 2009 with the Honda Care Protection Plan.

The bike was almost 7 years old and had 90K miles on it.

Thanks, Honda!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Bought and installed the Cal.Side Car plug and play TPMS light shut off plug.$35.00 plus shipping and an easy install. Better than cutting wires IMHO.

Reactions: Big Tom
1 - 16 of 16 Posts