GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I didn't see it. I haven’t started riding my new-to-me 20120 Wing yet, but I'm reading through the manual. In the TPMS section I see nothing about setting the TPMS pressure. On my old Doran TPMS I could set the specific pressure that the system would use. And in my car, I inflate the tires to their proper pressures and then push a button which locks that pressure into the car's TPMS.

What about the Gold Wing TPMS? Can pressures be set? If not, what pressure is the TPMS set for? If the TPMS follows the Honda manual's tire pressure recommendations, it'd be set for 36 and 41. But if one wants to run a different pressure in their tires, it'd be nice to have the TPMS set for those pressures, not 36 and 41.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
You can't change the pre set pressures on the factory system. The idiot light comes on when the pre set pressures go below %10 of recommended, I think. I run a wonky tire on the rear and a rear tire on the front of my bike so my pressures vary differently than recommended so I run a TPMS disabler on mine so the idiot light won't stay on. I run the Garmin TPMS on mine and can change the limits.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't change the pre set pressures on the factory system. The idiot light comes on when the pre set pressures go below %10 of recommended, I think. I run a wonky tire on the rear and a rear tire on the front of my bike so my pressures vary differently than recommended so I run a TPMS disabler on mine so the idiot light won't stay on. I run the Garmin TPMS on mine and can change the limits.
Thanks Bob. I run my tires at 42 and 42. Guess the TPMS will come in handy if my tires get less than 10% under 36 and 41.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Thanks Bob. I run my tires at 42 and 42. Guess the TPMS will come in handy if my tires get less than 10% under 36 and 41.
With the GL1832 TPMS system:

The light with 'tire shape and exclamation mark' will
- blink at 10% under
- solid light at 20% under

The light that says 'TPMS' will light when riding if it detects a sensor fault - low battery, no signal or signal with 'bad' data.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the GL1832 TPMS system:

The light with 'tire shape and exclamation mark' will
- blink at 10% under
- solid light at 20% under

The light that says 'TPMS' will light when riding if it detects a sensor fault - low battery, no signal or signal with 'bad' data.
Thanks FG. Appreciate the info. Odd that this isn't shown in the user's manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts