·
Vendor
22,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
THANK YOU! Fred.

When I check AMAZON for the ATEQ-36 there are three or more variations designated by 4 digits following. Mine is ATEQ-36-0000, which may just be an older version. Any insight?

prs

ps: I can answer my own question, see post below.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
When and how often does this need to be done? Sorry if this is a dumb question.....

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
And I wonder if you can change your own battery; I've seen some photos on how some do their own change on the BMW sensors.

·
Vendor
22,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When and how often does this need to be done? Sorry if this is a dumb question.....

It only needs to be done if you replace a TPMS sensor or swap wheels out that have different sensors.

·
Vendor
22,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I wonder if you can change your own battery; I've seen some photos on how some do their own change on the BMW sensors.

I have replaced batteries in similar sensors as this, but it isn't easy. I haven't yet tried the ones on the new Wing, but probably will someday. I've done at least a hundred of them on the old style sensors.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
The version I have, only had the pre-2018 Goldwing capability, just as Fred explained. I found my mini CD with the original software and could not get it to update with the recent release. I went to Youtube and found the official video showing how to "git'r done". The new USB drivers and new software are there. I needed both downloaded to my PC, and continuing to follow the lady's prompts, I had no trouble preparing the tool to easily read all three of my bike's sensors. All three had good battery and a "PASS". So, now I can register my MC tire to the rear and swap back and forth with my alternative.

prs

Reactions: Farmguy

·
Vendor
22,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The version I have, only had the pre-2018 Goldwing capability, just as Fred explained. I found my mini CD with the original software and could not get it to update with the recent release. I went to Youtube and found the official video showing how to "git'r done". The new USB drivers and new software are there. I needed both downloaded to my PC, and continuing to follow the lady's prompts, I had no trouble preparing the tool to easily read all three of my bike's sensors. All three had good battery and a "PASS". So, now I can register my MC tire to the rear and swap back and forth with my alternative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0xxDrRahfo

prs

Thanks for posting that video. By the way, I think you only get one year of free updates after you register your tool, so you'll need to do this before the year runs out. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they charge for yearly subscriptions after the first year.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the video.
?? when I swap out my rear rim with my spare rim do I need to re-register it every time? or will it be "remembered"
Thanks for this site.

·
Vendor
22,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the video.
?? when I swap out my rear rim with my spare rim do I need to re-register it every time? or will it be "remembered"
Thanks for this site.

You will have to re-register BOTH wheels every time you swap out the rear. The receiver only stores one code for each wheel, and you can't register just one wheel, you have to do both, front first, then rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts