GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone in the Connecticut area happen to have the ateq-15 reset tool that they're willing to do my rear tire for me. been running the Yokohama for a couple years. and because trying to satisfy that yellow light, been running 37 psi and of course my middle tread is worn down. i knew it was going to happen. thanks in advance. 2015 gl1800

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
scratch that last post i think what i really need is relearn device. so that i can set the back tire tpms sensor to 32psi. reset does what it says lol resets back to original factory settings

·
DSI Keeper
9,168 Posts
The other option you will have is to set the relearn to the rear tire first and then the front. OEM relearn expects to see the front sensor first and then the rear. This option will lower the rear sensor to the front sensor expectations and could change the low pressure light enough to turn off the light. The ateq-15 will still be needed to do that for you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You can not set the sensors to read another pressure. Only switch how the computer reads the front and back. You need to just switch how the computer sees the sensors as Murgie is talking about. The reset tool does that.

If you are interested, I have a ateq-15 that I was going to throw up in the for sale section. I used it once. I switched to a different TPMS system so it reads my trailer also. So, I don't need the reset tool anymore. $50.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so is that same thing as actually swapping the front and back valve assembly units, which means dismounting tires off rims. and then raise my front tire psi to 37-38

1 - 6 of 6 Posts