GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on Long Island have the tool to reverse register the TPMS and be willing to have me drive to them and show me how to do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
`I am not on Long Island but I have one to loan

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
really easy to do instructions for dummies enclose in my tool or you can do q search if you can get the search feature to work search toms for dummies real easy to do

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really easy to do instructions for dummies enclose in my tool or you can do q search if you can get the search feature to work search toms for dummies real easy to do
I just read it again...I just might take you up on your offer...I will let you know...
Thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
It really is simple and if you have more than one rear wheel like me, I ran a jumper wire into the trunk so when you need to do the reg you don't have to remove the seat which can be a PITA if you know what i mean:lol:

·
Registered
827 Posts
If you are changing both front and rear just reverse the senders. No tool needed

·
Registered
401 Posts
wrong

If you are changing both front and rear just reverse the senders. No tool needed
WRONG
The front and the back sensor are actually the same. When you register them is the real difference. The TPMS module decides what to do.
And now the puzzle.
...gene

·
Registered
827 Posts
WRONG
The front and the back sensor are actually the same. When you register them is the real difference. The TPMS module decides what to do.
And now the puzzle.
...gene
Not wrong. It works because they are the same senders but are registered as front and back. If you swap the actual senders you have done exactly what you will do if you use the tool to register the rear first and the front second.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both tires are newer so it will be a while before they will be off the bike...Figured reverse register sensors would be the way to go but have no tool to do it...

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I offered to loan and mail mine to you at no cost it is on loan now but should be back in a few days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts