GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 2009 and up wings have it built in but I want to add it to my 2008.

I tried the big bike one and it worked ok but was hard to see and a little over a year it quit.

So I got the Kissan one and put it on the bike and worked great for about 60 miles and then the front went to 12 pounds all the time.

If you have added a system to your Wing what did you use and how long has it been working and is it back lighted so you can see it even at night?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Been running Doran's for 3 years (have them on three bikes). No problems. They are back-lit and easy to see at night.

I have many add-ons on my bikes, but the Dorans are some of my favorite addtions. After running radar detector for a while, you feel blind without it...same goes for a good TPMS. Gives you confidence going down the road and keeps you off the ground in the mornings in the greasy motel parking lots.

Mine has been exposed to torrential rains, hot summer days without a complaint.

The OEM stuff, although better than nothing, is not much better than nothing.

Z

·
Registered
648 Posts
Some are using the Doran. It appears to be ok.

I have the Smartire. Awesome, to say the least !! Unfortunately, they got out of MC. market. Luckily, I have a few spare parts, and have a few replacement battery's. Not a job for a backyard mechanic, to change those cells, tho. More of a techy type job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts