GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking into installing a TPMS unit on my 08 GL1800. I know it has been discussed here before but i would like to know if any of you have any new information as to what unit is best to go with and why.
I think I am pretty much sold on the Doran...but want to make sure before I spend 200 bones.

TIA, Phil

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have ridden with a Doran for 3 or 4 years. Never had a problem. If I had to replace it I would buy another Doran. I put the sensors on the outside of the tire on the metal valve stems supplied with the unit. You will get longer life out of the batteries in the sensors if you remove the sensors if you don't ride for long periods of time ( winters ). the tire presser is what activates the battery. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I am seriously looking into installing a TPMS unit on my 08 GL1800. I know it has been discussed here before but i would like to know if any of you have any new information as to what unit is best to go with and why.
I think I am pretty much sold on the Doran...but want to make sure before I spend 200 bones.

TIA, Phil
I like the all weather ruggedness of the Doran monitor. It is also a relatively small monitor compared to some of the others in the market. Other than needing to replace the wheel sensors after about 2 years of use (~40k miles), the system has worked flawlessly. It is a nice product. You can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

TIA, Phil
200 bones? I thought it was 200 biscuits!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
200 bones? I thought it was 200 biscuits!
Could be 200 cookies too.:lol:

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will be getting the Doran.

Have a great dayand ride safe.

Phil

·
Registered
758 Posts
Doran, I PMed you

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Could be 200 cookies too.:lol:

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will be getting the Doran.

Have a great dayand ride safe.

Phil
Cookies? Did somebody mention cookies?:eat1:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for the helpful information. I installed the Doran TPMS last night. It really looks nice and I just feel better knowing what the tire pressure is at all times. I went direct to the battery for my power source so I can check the pressure any time without having to wait.

Thanks again. This board is very informative.

Have a great day, Phil

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thanks guys for the helpful information. I installed the Doran TPMS last night. It really looks nice and I just feel better knowing what the tire pressure is at all times. I went direct to the battery for my power source so I can check the pressure any time without having to wait.

Thanks again. This board is very informative.

Have a great day, Phil

Where did you get them at if you don't mind telling us?

Barney

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where did you get them at if you don't mind telling us?

Barney
Barney...I went directly to Doran Manufacturing. Just in case there are any warranty issues and because their price was the best by the time I took out the tax I would have to pay elsewhere. Shannon at Doran was great to work with...nice customer service.

Doran Manufacturing
513/699-6206

Have a great day, Phil

1 - 12 of 12 Posts