GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I want a TPMS for my 06. Who is using which one and how do you like it.?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have had a Doran for about 4 years, and have not had any problems. I started with the sensor inside the tire. At a tire change I mounted them on the outside. That way If I'm not riding for a long period of time, (Winter) I remove the sensors and save the battery life. With out air presser the batteries don't make contact. It works for me. Good luck. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
This is one where it would profit you to do a search. There have been several, recent discussions about different TPMS.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I think I want a TPMS for my 06. Who is using which one and how do you like it.?
I am using the Tiregard system for 3 years and have had no problems. The transmitters are screwed onto the metal valve stems and are motion activated. I move the bike 6 feet or so and the tire pressure appears on the receiver window. The batteries for the transmitters last around 1 year and can be changed in less than a minute.

http://www.jpcycles.com/tiregard

gramps

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Doran for me:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Are any of these waterproof?

Looking for some myself.

Barney
The Doran is water proof mine has been thur some big rain storms and a few bike washes still going strong:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
The Doran is water proof mine has been thur some big rain storms and a few bike washes still going strong:thumbup::thumbup:
Cruiseman says doran batteries are not replaceable, does wimpy have anything to say about that ? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Wheel sensors are replaced at $25/each when the battery dies. I've been getting about 2 years out of the Doran wheel sensors which has been about 40k miles for me.
Cruiseman says doran batteries are not replaceable, does wimpy have anything to say about that ? :shrug:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Cruiseman is right you have to replace the caps. I have never had any air leaks with mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts