GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2004 and have never had a TPMS on any bike. I am careful about tire pressure especially after a few days without riding. But getting on the ground every morning on a long trip is getting old.

Is TPMS a great help, nice to have or just something else that can go wrong?

Which after market system has been the Most Reliable?

Rich

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the FOBO on my bike, with an app on my iPhone. Not sure if they have one for Honda, but I am sure other members can point you in the correct direction. You might try googling TPMS for Honda motorcycles and I am sure you will see different manufacturers that have some for Honda.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aloha PUCKBUS,

I have the FOBO TPMS on my 2018 GWT and had it on my 2016 and 2013 GL1800's.
I really like this system for it's simplicity.
Set your pressure ranges and check your pressure at anytime with your FOBO mobile app. which will also alert you with any abnormalities.
No need to lay on the ground. Also the batteries are replaceable.
You need to change the valve stems to the metal "T" type so you can add air with out taking off the stem mounted sensors and having to reset them every time.

Hope this helps with what your options are.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Ditto on hawnwinger comments except I’ve had tiregard on my 2013 since day one. Very reliable and I like the remote display and not using my phone.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have the Zumo 395LM with TPMS. Nice to have the alert beep in the helmet as well as a visible alert on the GPS.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Do you have to remove the tires to add the "T" stems? Or do you just attach the "T" stems to the existing valve stems?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts