GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while ago i saw a listing for a program that converts a track into a route. but i can't find it now.

can anyone help with a link?

thanks dave

·
Registered
642 Posts
For the Garmin 2610, I have a track to route converter on one of my websites, here are the directions.

The basic process is:

1. Download your tracks into Mapsource from the GPS, saving the file as a .gpx file.

2. Go to http://www.rydinshotgun.com/app2 and click on "Track to Route Conversion". Click on "Browse" to locate the file, and then click "Upload File for Conversion". The converted file will be displayed to you in a text box that allows you to copy the contents (click anywhere in the text area, press CTRL-A to highlight, right click and copy)

3. Replace the original .gpx file contents with the converted file and save it. Another way is to run notepad, paste the contents into it, save it as a text file but name it with the gpx extension (e.g. xxx.gpx).

4. Read the converted file into Mapsource and you will see your tracks as routes. At this point, you can rename and download the routes to your 2610.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
On the iWay, simply press the 'Navigate' button from the track menu and it will convert it to a route for you. It helps to manage the files if you change the track name before you save it.

You can also import the data file into GDM6, right-click the track and select 'Convert to Route'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts