GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancé has a stateline she's thinking of putting these on - I've never heard of this product, or this company till now and I can't find any personal or independent evidence of it working. Basically they're replacing each banjo valve with theirs, which pulses the fluid as pressure is applied to the brake. In theory it's similar to ABS except it doesn't sense slipping or compensate for it.
Has anyone ever tried/heard of this?

http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I had something like this for my Royal Star Tour Deluxe. It had a very touchy rear brake. DON'T WAISTE YOUR MONEY. All it will do is make your rear brake feal spongey. I took it off.

It might even be the same thing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the first review I could find on it.

hadn't found that one thanks…:thumbup:
I keep having the feeling that something that sounds too good to be true probably isn't….

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Been there done that, save your money. It is a sham. Does not work, a rip off.

It is but a makeshift extension of the brake system with a little plunger that is supposed to magically take the edge off single wheel brakes that are very sensitive. Problem is the tiny working reserve reservoir is too small to actually work. In a split mini second the plunger is bottomed out.

Went through all that with a second gen Yamaha venture. Finally some guy Rick someone, did come up with using a racing needle valve assembly on the rear brake, you just adjusted the valve to slow down the fluid speed and transfer some and then safety wired it in place.

Worked a bit, but only prolonged the ultimate lock up for about half a second.

No way, this even remotely resembles ABS brakes.

As far as I could tell, it remotely did nothing, but grab your money.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow...that's exactly what I feared was the case.
Thanks for the feedback kit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts