GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently traded in my '08 to a new '13 (got more on trade than I figured) but the dealer asked if I would be willing to let him take the tire off the new bike and trade it with the car tire on my old bike. I told him that not only did I not mind that I would appreciate it. Service guy made me sign a form that I knew that bike was now unsafe. He then verbably asked he if what I knew what I was doing was unsafe? I told him no. But I could see there was no need to try to justify/explain my position. I am afraid that the world he lives in is still flat.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Just protecting their ass.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Recently traded in my '08 to a new '13 (got more on trade than I figured) but the dealer asked if I would be willing to let him take the tire off the new bike and trade it with the car tire on my old bike. I told him that not only did I not mind that I would appreciate it. Service guy made me sign a form that I knew that bike was now unsafe. He then verbably asked he if what I knew what I was doing was unsafe? I told him no. But I could see there was no need to try to justify/explain my position. I am afraid that the world he lives in is still flat.
Does not suprise me . Lots do not take the time to examine the facts . They just assume it can't be right . As far as the dealer , he is doing what he is being told to. But I know for a fact some dealers could care less. A PA dealer sold my best friend a 2010 brand new with a car tire mounted for him as it was leaving showroom .

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Just traded mine in tonight with a car tire. Dealer says he plans on selling it that way.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Did it run out of gas?
It did not run out of gas. It did take a crap, probably alternator on the way there, so the numbers had to be adjusted. Best part of all was I didn't need to take another B!tch ride.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
it did not run out of gas. It did take a crap, probably alternator on the way there, so the numbers had to be adjusted. Best part of all was i didn't need to take another b!tch ride.
saves on the reach arounds!!!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I had been thinking on the subject of naysayers yesterday as I had a 3 hour run in my truck and I came up with my own definition.

Naysayer: Someone who is more confused than a drunken mentally challenged termite in a YO-YO!

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
It did not run out of gas. It did take a crap, probably alternator on the way there, so the numbers had to be adjusted. Best part of all was I didn't need to take another B!tch ride.
Just curious, are you going to use up the G704 before putting on a CT on your new pride and joy?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Just curious, are you going to use up the G704 before putting on a CT on your new pride and joy?

Amazed about how little difference I felt riding away on a G704 instead if a safe tire. Trust me, when I get to the DSRI in May, I plan to have a new RF mounted.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I got the silver and I like it a lot. Even better than the Orange which I made no secret of that I thought it was the prettiest color, ever. Now the dealer has two '03 Orange ones for sale. Mine at least got ridden, the other one has 20K and mine has 93K.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts