GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the plunge and traded my 2018 Non Tour 6spd on a 2018 Tour DCT. Deal was too good to pass up. Had 7000kms of the 6spd but found I needed a bit more space and after reading all the great reviews on the DCT I just had to make the move.
The new one comes home tomorrow.

Beagle :grin2:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aloha,

Nice move, you're gonna be happy!
Enjoy this riding season.

Reactions: Alberta Beagle

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congratulations on making the move. Give us a ride report with that big smile on your face!!!

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
Excellent move you will NOT regret it....

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
471 Posts
Took the plunge and traded my 2018 Non Tour 6spd on a 2018 Tour DCT. Deal was too good to pass up. Had 7000kms of the 6spd but found I needed a bit more space and after reading all the great reviews on the DCT I just had to make the move.

Uh oh.
Fluke189 is not going to be very happy with you.
He says all the DCT bikes will be dead in ten years!>:)
Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Now we have to hear your thoughts on the two transmissions having owned and ridden both of them.
Yeah, you will be one of very few riders that have owned both, so your thoughts and opinions are going to carry a LOT more weight than most of the armchair quarterbacks here.
I am guessing that your "first week review" may be different than your review after riding the DCT for a month or more.
Anxious to hear BOTH reviews!
Jefro.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

Welcome to a different world!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the new DCT Tour is at home in the garage. Delivered while I was at the office so I don't even have a picture of it in its new berth. Pics to follow over the weekend.
The weather here is pretty variable these day with more snow expected next week so I'm not sure when I will get around to it's maiden voyage.
As soon as I do I will be sure to post up some thoughts and comparisons between the two transmissions.

Beagle

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
Congrats on getting the DCT. :thumbup: Hopefully the weather will co-operate and you will be riding soon.

:doorag:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here it is. Safe and warm in the garage.
At first I wasn't sure about the red but it's grown on me over the last few days.

Beagle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Well the new DCT Tour is at home in the garage. Delivered while I was at the office so I don't even have a picture of it in its new berth. Pics to follow over the weekend.
The weather here is pretty variable these day with more snow expected next week so I'm not sure when I will get around to it's maiden voyage.
As soon as I do I will be sure to post up some thoughts and comparisons between the two transmissions.

Beagle
Ok, curious minds got to know......delivered while you were at work? Did the dealer do this or did you have someone else pick it up?
Texas Harley Davidson (Bedford, TX) delivered a new HD to a buddy that had been run over and was unable to ride but I have never heard of a Honda Dealer doing this.
BTW - good looking bike!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts