GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the cameras out there,both red lights & speed..Anyone have a method of blocking the cameras from takeing pictures or your tag?..Any home made or store bought products?..Thanks..This should get ineresting..

·
Registered
224 Posts
:22yikes:
With all the cameras out there,both red lights & speed..Anyone have a method of blocking the cameras from takeing pictures or your tag?..Any home made or store bought products?..Thanks..This should get ineresting..
This guys got it licked..................(photo provided at Marks expense):22yikes:

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Myth Busters tried to beat them.
They were successful with a 300mph rocket car.
Everyone else got tickets.
Myth Busted

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did myth busters try ..High intensity ifrared bulbs?..I was thinking of a liscense bracket with a bunch of infrared bulbs,hard wired into a power source,invisable by human eyes..?

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
There is a plastic clear cover that goes over the tag that will distort the lettering making it impossible to read. Drivers around here use it to beat the expressway tolls. But when they are caught ( and eventually they do) they get a hefty fine for trying to beat the system.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Don't be a chicken...just drive like ya want and if ya get caught fight the ticket. Best defense is be honest...tell the judge you drive like that all the time and traffic laws are for idiots, and don't apply to you...He will be impressed I bet. :twisted:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Why would you need to block your tags. If you obey the law you will not be caught and you do not have to shell out your dollars to the state

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes ... obey the speed limit!

Best defense for speed cameras is not speeding. Cost ... $0!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts

Just ride the lane lines so you don't go over the sensors.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would you need to block your tags. If you obey the law you will not be caught and you do not have to shell out your dollars to the state

Obey the law?..Hmmmm..like a trooper sitting on a bridge taging speeders & sending a diffrent trooper after the speeder...That is against the law,The officer that register the speeds is the one that is suppose to pull you over?so the individual; has a right to see his speed & make sure the dector is tuned....I keep foregeting everything is about safety..oh except,when it is a family member of an officer ..no ticket, so i guss family members do not mean as much as non family members..no offense but i understand if i do not speed i have nothing to worry about...but i do spped at times & that is the truth..

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I recently read a story about students at an Arizona high school that were printing fake license numbers on the computer and taping them over their plates. The principal was not amused when he got 4 or 5 tickets in a week.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Obey the law?..Hmmmm..like a trooper sitting on a bridge taging speeders & sending a diffrent trooper after the speeder...That is against the law,The officer that register the speeds is the one that is suppose to pull you over?so the individual; has a right to see his speed & make sure the dector is tuned....I keep foregeting everything is about safety..oh except,when it is a family member of an officer ..no ticket, so i guss family members do not mean as much as non family members..no offense but i understand if i do not speed i have nothing to worry about...but i do spped at times & that is the truth..

Here we go again. Not sure about your state (perhaps you could quote the satute from your state that requires that you be shown and/or allowed to check the "tune" of the radar device) but how do you explain the many states and jurisdictions that use aircraft to detect speed violations? Ever have a helicopter pull you over?

Actually a pretty useless argument any way. I suppose you are aware that if the officer is as unscrupulous as you may think; it is a simple matter to make the radar unit display about any speed he wants it to. How would you know it was your speed. Do you have the technical expertise to check the calibration (no tune) on a radar unit anyway? Most don't. Perhaps you have training and knowledge that was not available to me when I was certified as a radar instructor. If so, I bow to your expertise.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Just leave the plates at home. Or, if you feel the need to have one, go steal one off a Harley....

:p

·
Registered
3,150 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Just don't speed and STOP at red lights..... it ain't rocket Science.... if they put cameras in little boys locker rooms would you be concerned about them??

Matt(BCNV) :shrug:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here we go again. Not sure about your state (perhaps you could quote the satute from your state that requires that you be shown and/or allowed to check the "tune" of the radar device) but how do you explain the many states and jurisdictions that use aircraft to detect speed violations? Ever have a helicopter pull you over?

Actually a pretty useless argument any way. I suppose you are aware that if the officer is as unscrupulous as you may think; it is a simple matter to make the radar unit display about any speed he wants it to. How would you know it was your speed. Do you have the technical expertise to check the calibration (no tune) on a radar unit anyway? Most don't. Perhaps you have training and knowledge that was not available to me when I was certified as a radar instructor. If so, I bow to your expertise.
Well i contacted my friend who is a police officer..& he stated a few years back the supreme court ,stated the officer does not have to show you your speed because they do not just want anyone in there cars..So it would appear i am wrong on this issue at least in this year,not a few years back....But he is checking on some other stautes for me....I have alot of friends who are police officers..so i know how they abuse the system,& my only point is if are talking about obeying the law,I belive the first person who needs to obey laws are the ones enforcing them..

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Well i contacted my friend who is a police officer..& he stated a few years back the supreme court ,stated the officer does not have to show you your speed because they do not just want anyone in there cars..So it would appear i am wrong on this issue at least in this year,not a few years back....But he is checking on some other stautes for me....I have alot of friends who are police officers..so i know how they abuse the system,& my only point is if are talking about obeying the law,I belive the first person who needs to obey laws are the ones enforcing them..

I agree that law enforcement officers should obey the laws they are enforcing. No argument there, and I just paid a fine today for a speeding violation myself. Oops, we all make mistakes.

No, police officers don't normally want you in their cars (unless you happen to end up in the back seat). Aside from that; I would still wonder how you would know the speed the oifficer showed you on the radar unit was actually your speed? If you want to look at it because you think the officer is lying or dishonest about it why would you trust it to be the speed at which you were "clocked"? It is, and would be a useless exercise.

If you have a lot of friends who are police officers that abuse the system, why are they friends? I try to associate with folks who share my basic principles and moral values. Anyway, guess that is none of my business, sorry.

Just trying to set straight a few things that well meaning ( I assume), but mis-informed folks state as fact.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sure Fire Methods:

A. Dont have a tag

2. Dont speed or run lights

III. Cover it with mud or dirt or obstruct it with a cooler or luggage

d. Go faster than the speed of light

:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:Here we go against leo again. First of all today it appears the Supreme Court is shutting down all the red light cameras in the United States. They are only civil not criminal. It appears once their contract expires with the company that put them in, then they can no longer use them. Also i used a radar gun for a long time and it is our opinion and our having to be certified to use the radar gun that gives authority to use it . Don't come down on the police just because you got caught. That is their job. Also i have given thousands of tickets, just by pacing their speed with my patrol car, you would be surprised how no one looks in their rear view mirrors. I think the reason this law with the cameras is being abolished is because it does not discriminate on who it gives tickets to. My 2 cents. National Police Memorial Week, Please pray for our boys in blue.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts