GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this motorcycle related, as it was while I waited for my Wing to have the full conversion for the Traxxion system that I learned of the tragedy. I was uploading pictures from Wingstock and updating my website to share the Wingstock event. After that, I visited my local TV website, WGAL, just to catch up on the news, when I read that multiple Amish children had been shot execution style in Lancaster County. The news quickly went world wide.

By now, everyone must be aware of what happened. If you want to help, please visit:

http://www.wgal.com/news/9988635/detail.html

Somehow, the joy of the Wingstock event has been greatly diminished for me.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yes what a horrible tragedy...............just very shocking and sad.

John......I got the impression after talking to you at Wingstock that you weren't convinced the upgrade would serve you well. I guess Max's seminar got you convinced! Glad to hear you got the works. How do you like it?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Just waiting on the liberals to say that it happened because of the gun(s) :roll:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John......I got the impression after talking to you at Wingstock that you weren't convinced the upgrade would serve you well. I guess Max's seminar got you convinced! Glad to hear you got the works. How do you like it?
Pressure on rear shock is zero. Already had done the steering head bearings, so just needed the brace, front forks & rear shocks.

Route home was north via GA 5 & TN 68 to Tellico Plains, then across the Cherohala into NC, NC 143 - NC 28 - US 74 & 19 to Cherokee. Next day: Blue Ridge to Roanoke. Last leg: Rest of the Parkway to Waynesboro, then super slab to home.

Noted: Crisp is the word for the way the Wing handles. Extra clearance in turns, no front end dive on braking. I've talked to the local Honda dealer about becoming an installer.

While I may now have more than I need: Why not? I like the extra margin as I age!

BTW, I've added photos from the Blue Ridge to my website.

On the other note: The idiots from Kansas called off showing up for the Amish funerals. What I find truly amazing is the outpouring from the entire world in responding to this tragedy. My check is in the mail.

Oh, I'll be riding to see the leaves here in central PA the weekend of October 14 & 15. Anyone who wants to join in may contact me via email for details.

G

·
0 Posts
trialsman said:
Just waiting on the liberals to say that it happened because of the gun(s) :roll:
Just waiting on the conservatives to say that it happened because they didn't praise God correctly. Or does God only kill people in floods, hurricanes, and so forth? I can never remember.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
No, conservatives realize that a person did it and it had nothing to do with God, except that he gave us all free will.

A conservative doesn't automatically preach or blame the world's ills on lack of faith.

The world would be a better place if people were just held responsible for their actions. IMHO

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hear ... hear. Guns are just as responsible for deaths just as pencils are resonsible for misspelled words. Condemn them both.

Very sad news for their families and children, I keep them in my prayers. Also, I'm not the one who hijacked this post.

G

·
0 Posts
trialsman said:
No, conservatives realize that a person did it and it had nothing to do with God, except that he gave us all free will.
Thanks for clarifying things. I guess it's just natural disasters.

G

·
0 Posts
Ben U said:
Hear ... hear. Guns are just as responsible for deaths just as pencils are resonsible for misspelled words. Condemn them both.
Guns certainly make the job a lot easier.

·
Love The DCT
11,803 Posts
Ben U said:

Very sad news for their families and children, I keep them in my prayers. Also, I'm not the one who hijacked this post.
The "brain" behind the gun or the pencil is responsible.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The last funeral for the Amish was Friday, and there is the funeral for the person responsible next week.

I don't listen to idiots like Rosie, as she is one of the biggest hypocrites around.

However, we can all learn much from the Amish. Not only have they forgiven Charles Roberts, the Amish have visited the Roberts family, as they now do not have a father.

Here we have a culture based upon faith and God first. Wasn't this country founded on the same principles? Every state preamble has a reference to God, and the Declaration of Independence mentions the Creator. Where exactly did the 'separation' of church & state come from?
Bill of Rights declares freedom OF religion, not freedom from religion.

There is something wrong when, after 9-11, Congress sang God Bless America, but forgets the next day, and the ACLU is trying to remove God from America.

If you are interested in the events in Lancaster, PA here is the link:

http://www.wgal.com/news/10015212/detail.html

Thanks for letting me share. Maybe the weather will clear and I can take a ride.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
SPF 0 said:
Or does God only kill people in floods, hurricanes, and so forth? I can never remember.
Maybe you should establish your own relationship with a God of your choosing so that you can answer these questions for yourself.

The death of these children is a tragedy, but it is sounds like a blessing compared to what the perpetrator had planned for these innocent children based on the other items he had brought with him.

I think this probably should be on the OTB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts