GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SOB First Shirt
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen this information posted elsewhere (if it has been, sorry).

Yesterday, after leaving the Region A Rally, four women members of the Inverness Chapter (the Pink Peddle Pushers) headed over to Appalachacola to have lunch. As they were returning from there on Florida Highway 98, a woman in a car approaching them crossed the center line and struck three of the four bikes. One of the women was riding on the white trike that took best of show in the bike show at the rally but was not the owner of the bike. She died during the crash. One other woman's leg was so damaged it will have to be amputated above the knee. The third woman has a crushed ankle/foot. The fourth bike saw the accident and had time to swerve off the road and avoid being hit. Below is an article from the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper dated Monday, September 4, 2006:

Local
Wakulla County
Motorist dies in crash
A four-vehicle crash involving three motorcycles and a car resulted int he death of a 61-year-old woman, along with critical and serious injuries. The Florida Highway Patrol responded to the crash at 12:20 p.m. Sunday at U.S. Highway 98 in Wakulla County, nine miles north of Panacea. Crawfordville resident Brenda Qualls, 49, was headed north on U.S. Highway 98. According to the report, Qualls drove in the center lane and, one by one, struck three motorcyclists: Pamela Lafoe, 53, of Floral City; Kathleen Dolan, 52, of Brooksville; and Sharon Reid, 61, of Inglis, who died during the crash. Lafoe and Dolan were listed in critical condition and flown to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. Qualls was listed in serious condition and also was flown to TMH. Reid was prounounced dead at the scene.

FOLLOW-UP ON 9/6/06:

We are sending an update on the victims of Sunday's accident. Pam Lafoe, Sheriff's deputy of Floral city, and Kitty Dolan of Homosassa are still critical, but I'm sure prayers and good wishes will bring them joy. Cards can be sent to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, Fl. 32308. for a while. I am told that in addition to the loss of one leg, Pam is having surgery on her arm today. She sustained compound fractures. Kitty Dolan lost her foot.

The present plans for a memorial service for Sherry Reid are that the Coast Guard Auxiliary, of which she was a member, will be handling it. The service will be held on Weds the 13th at either the Inglis Women's Club or the Coast Guard Auxiliary at 6:00 P.M.. We'll confirm which as soon as we know. For those of you who did not know Sherry, we can tell you she was literally a blast of sunshine and laughter brought to any room she entered. Her spirit was a treasured addition To G.W.R.R.A. The whole group was having a wonderful time at the Region A Rally, and we thank God for that. Expressions of sympathy may be sent to sisters and family of Sherry Reid at 31 S. Schoolcraft Dr., Inglis ,Fl. 34449.

We hope that many of our Gold Wing family will be able to attend the service wearing their chapter colors. We will let you know if a bike parade will be forming up. Gracie is having major back surgery on Tuesday the 12 th, so she will not be able to attend, but hopefully Joe will be able to.

Be careful out there people!!!

Our prayers and thoughts go out to all concerned.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Words can't describe this.

Wow, the newspaper report made it sound like she intentionally did it. That is a giant shame that happened, goes to show you have to be on the look out constantly.
I am saddened by the loss of life and the injuries as a result of this incident. This did not have to happen.
Sure seems like a lot of us are not doing to good out there, be careful, be on the look out and drive safer than you ever have before.
My prayers go out to these women and their families.
Dennis

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
What the heck is going on lately :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Prayers to all !!!! God speed!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Re: Words can't describe this.

SMSgtE8 said:
Crawfordville resident Brenda Qualls, 49, was headed north on U.S. Highway 98. According to the report, Qualls drove in the center lane and, one by one, struck three motorcyclists:
If she wasn't driving in the wrong direction, it sounds like she was
flooring it either intentionally, or passed out?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Sherry will be greatly missed. She always had a smile on her face and always glad to make a new friend.

Condolences to her family.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!
What the hell are these pea brains looking at????
This is truly a tragedy, this could have been anyone of us!!!!
I don't know these three woman, but my sincere condolences to the families..

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Just a terrible thing to have happen. Prayers for all the families involved.

Dep

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
My jaw dropped and heart sank as I read this.

Prayers for these ladies and their families.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts