GL1800Riders Forums banner

Trailer Confusion: Help Me Decide

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  coolhand 
iba9241 said:
I am in the market for a new cargo trailer to pull behind my GL1800. I'm looking for something in the 14-17 cubic foot range, and I have pretty well narrowed my choice to 2 different manufacturers and models. (But I'm open to other suggestions)

The two I am looking at are the Cycle-Mate CM1000 and the Aluma MCT. I did notice that the Aluma is about 55 lbs heavier than the Cycle-Mate. (180 vs 125) Should this be a concern?

Any insight into either of these that will help sway me would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the input;
Gord
I had a CM1000... I also had a CM2000LTD. Basically the same trailer, only larger. The CM's are good trailers and pull well. Concerning the added weight of the Aluma, I'd suggest that you will feel it. I went from the CM2000LTD to an Escapade Elite. Even though the Elite had a much better suspension system and only weighed 15# more when empty, I could tell I had a heavier trailer behind me. Does it make a difference - not really.

Buy the style you like better because (I think) you'll be happier with your purchase that way. That's why I have my 40 Ford... not the best trailer available, but it's sure stylish. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.