GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a flat six wiring harness for my trailer.. Do they make a cap or cover for that thing for when you're not hookep up to the trailer? I was gonna just wrap it in electrical tape, but that gets messy, and of course rain isn't anywhere NEAR a regular occurence down in Texas this year... Wally world had plenty of harnesses, but none of them had covers on them..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cover For Flat Connector

Joe,
Can't say if they make a cover for a flat connector. I wired up my trailer using a 6 pin molded connector that is in a rectangle shape available from Pep Boys for $4.00. You get a male and female connector with 12 inch pig tails that gives you a good water tight connection when pushed together. A purchased a second set that I cut off the pig tails to use as a water tight cap cover that I use when I'm not pulling the trailer. Works for me!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I bought a trailer ball cover at Walmart ($1.97)and it has a piece attached that you push the flat plug into it for protection. Only thing is you have to leave the ball on all the time,which doesn't bother me to do so.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Joe,

For the wire plug that's connected to the bike, all I do is wrap it in a sandwich bag, tighten it by twisting the bag and put a zip tie on it to hold it in place by the slots where my trailer safety chains get hooked-up. Makes for a perfect water tight system and the plug is out of sight when I'm not pulling the trailer. Cheap and effective.

Mike T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts