GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a hitch plug, one of those with the neat looking covers that "advertises" a brand or signifies allegiance to a team...but, instead of the standard square ones, my DFT has a round receiver. Where in the heck do I find one? I haven't found one on the Internet, yet.

I think the receiver is going to full of crud eventually, so I'd like to keep it "clean" and have a cool cover for it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Make your own, you live in the valley and there's got to be some place near you that can weld. I had the father in law help make my hitch for Brushtec trailer so it would pivot out of the way so I could open the trunk without unhooking the trailer, it doesn't look store bought but driving down I 17 no one completed about how it looks, plus my son powder coated, after the third time of trying to color match I told him to make it black.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Opps.I forgot. If you leave it open the crud won't biuld up and can be washed out with the hose when you need to use it. If you have a plug in when it rains, ha ha ha that's sounds funny to say after live down there for over 35 years, the road grim will pack in there and dry which makes it harder to get out, to install the hitch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts