GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Aspen hitch? How does the Aspen hitch compare to the Bushtec hitch?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Got more info on the Aspen hitch? Manufacturer, etc.

The most common ones for the wing is the Bushtec, the Kury, the Rivco, the Dauntless, and a couple of more. The Bushtec seems to be one of the best, also one of the most expensive. Most of these are receiver hitches, but there are a few that are only trailer hitches.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aspen has a HitchDoc that I am looking at. Any comments?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Aspen has a HitchDoc that I am looking at. Any comments?

I have a Hitch Doc on my Wing which is only one of three that has the vertical supports to the main frame(Bushtec and Rivco being the others) They are more money but well worth it IMHO.

I have no idea what the "Aspen" is all about as Hitch-Doc is an independent company, unless the aspen is one of their models. Google Hitch-doc and it will give you the companies web site. Good luck.

Fred

07 Blue Wing

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fred,
HitchDoc is one of the hitches that Trailmaster sells. Was the HitchDoc difficult to install? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Fred,
HitchDoc is one of the hitches that Trailmaster sells. Was the HitchDoc difficult to install? Thanks for your input.
Well the install went smooth as silk, of course I watched the owner of Open Road Outfitters do it.:thumbup: It always looks easy when you are watching someone work that knows what they are doing.

Really though I would tackle it myself if I had it to do over again. I don't think you would have a problem if you are mechanically inclined. I can say that I'm totally happy with the hitch. It's a vertical receiver hitch and when the hitch ball is removed you have no clue a hitch is on the bike. Most important is that the Hitch-Doc mounts to the main frame of the bike. The receiver comes off easy with four bolts so you can take the rear wheel off without a problem.

Don't forget to get the EC isolator for the wiring harnes. Hope this has helped. Take care.

Fred

07 Blue wing

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, for all the input. I'm looking forword to installing my HitchDoc and taking to the road with my new Aspen Classic. I hope to see you all out there, thanks again and safe travels...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts