GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a hitch for my 2010 and a small non motorcycle specific trailer. Is the hitch part that the ball goes into on the trailer special? Is the ball on the trailer hitch a standard ball? Also, the lights, am I going to need some kind of adapter due to the wing using 2 lights for stop and 2 for turn while a standard trailer uses the 2 lights for all and a 2 element bulb? Will I need anything else you can think of while I'm ordering the equipment to make all this happen? Who has the best price on a wiring harness for the wing? Any info appreciated. Randy

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought a Bush-Tec hitch for my 2010 Goldwing. It came with everything I needed, the hitch, the insert and ball, and the isolator and wiring harness....pretty easy install...not cheap but I think it was well worth the money.....

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Most trailers towed by Wings use a 1 7/8 " ball. I would use an isolator to protect the bikes fragile wiring. Go to the sub-boards and look under trailers you will get plenty of info.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I also got the Bushtec hitch with their wiring harness. I'm using it with a HF trailer which I added a pair of brake lights to, to accommodate the Wings 5 wire system. I'm currently over four thousand miles into my yearly trip with the set up and am very, very happy with it!

Pete

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
:agree:I use an isolator to protect the bike. 1 7/8 ball.
Most trailers towed by Wings use a 1 7/8 " ball. I would use an isolator to protect the bikes fragile wiring. Go to the sub-boards and look under trailers you will get plenty of info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I to use a bushtec but with their trailer set up little different hitch. Another thing about Bushtec is that you can remove the rear tire without jacking it up or laying it over or hunting a curb to hang over. This can be handy if you have problems on the road.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is the answer

Go to this site fhttp://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/19_add_on/mfg/?page=10ind Trailer Hitches, I have the Add On Hitch, once you find the hitch then scrol down to realted products, there you will find wireing, click on that then scrol down and you will find a Trailer Wire converter.

You will need this to go from a 5 wire which your Wing is to a 4 wire which you said your trailer is.

Good Luck, I have had this hitch on both on my Wings they are good.

Bob

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Pm me...

I have a bushtec hitch and wire harness I have for sale at a great price. I am going to deals gap and then knoxville for wing ding so if you are going we can meetup or I can send it to you in time for your trip?

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts