GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this should be interesting, I have purchased a nice pull behind trailor (Hannigan Europa II ) from a gentleman in Arkansas. I have seen on the board that some fellow wingers have in the past participated in trailer relays. This certain relay would be from Rogers, Arkansas to, well I guess that would be between the last rider and myself. Any volunteers that would like to take part in this adventure I ask that you please send me a pm.

If possible I would like to get this started within the next 7 -10 days.

Thanks and appreciation in advance to any and all.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I will help if we can get a few members that like to ride and meet some other members to help out it will be at your door before you know it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Trailer Relay

I live in Ocala FL, I could pick it up somewhere around the GA border on I-75 and return to Ocala or a little more south. Would have to know what type of light plug and trailer hitch is on the new trailer.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I can pick it up near the Ga./Fl. border also if Cherokee isn't available. Gotta be a weekday, can run as far south as Rt 44/I-75 (grandkid duties) or I'd do Ft. Myers.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I can pick up from Roger (Wingjammer) and take down to Bradenton or a little further if that will help.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I might be willing to ride from Boston to Rogers and deliver it personally I would love to pull a Hannigan a few miles to compare it to my trailer.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If I can be of service I am in? I had a relay from Florida to La. on an escapade I bought down in Florida.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm in fort smith ar, I could pick up from Rogers and drive to magnolia if it were done on a weekend. If I can help let me know.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I can pick up in Magnolia,Ar and get it to Mississppi line?

·
Registered
165 Posts
If you were gonna pick up, I could take it to west monroe and just meet you there, its about the same amount of time as it would be to magnolia.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Ok then I can get it from West Monroe over into deep south Ms or into Alabama. You can check the Florida board about my relay. I would like to see a photo of the hannigan plug so I could make an adapter for my 6 way.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm in fort smith ar, I could pick up from Rogers and drive to magnolia if it were done on a weekend. If I can help let me know.
Hey jgfan, if you want to reduce seat time I'm south of you on 71hwy. If you could pick up the trailer and meet me Wed. evening in say Mena, I can make West Monroe Thursday to meet Earnhardt. Just a thought. Only days this week I can help out. PM to OP.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will help if we can get a few members that like to ride and meet some other members to help out it will be at your door before you know it.

First let me say thanks to everyone who has offered their help. From the responses that I have received here (correct me if I am wrong) it looks like this may be the set-up connection as of today (Sunday 7-31).
jgfan -from Rogers to Magnolia (jgfan I would need to know your scheduled day for pickup as I would need to notify seller)
Earnhardtfan -from Magnolia to a point,yet to be determinded, in South Ms or Alabama.
At this point in time I would need a pickup(s) from that point to Mobile where dChristo has offered to transport to Tallahassee.
From Tallahassee is another stopping point and will need a rider from that point to a location in middle/south Florida.

I understand the scheduling conflict in all of this and I just want to let everyone know that a lay over for a day or so is no issue on my part. This whole thing has happened faster than I thought and getting this all to click has been nothing short of a miraculous. A very hugh THANK YOU to each and everyone of you.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Whisperwing,
When I had my relay it took about 2 weeks for my trailer to reach me. Every one that made it happen had different schedules and I let the 2 riders making each exchange make their own times as each has different times they are off work, etc. There are currently 2 riders in Ark that can get the trailer to me in West Monroe and then I can get it to say Hattiesburg or Mobile easily enough. The only riders I would be in contact with would be the rider getting me your trailer and the rider I am handing it off to. Mine sat at a riders house for 4 days before he could hookup with the next rider inline. With the heat we have had lately I think it is best to keep short handoffs? Anyways when you get a PENDING schedule let all of us know and we will make the handoffs for you at our times as I am off Thursdays through Sundays. Also when I did mine the STARTING rider put his current license plate on the shuttled trailer and when I got the trailer I mailed his plate back to him. Also the starting rider made sure all lights were working but that is up to all of us. I know I will make up an adapter while I pull it if you can get me a picture of the plug that is on the trailer now.
Eddie

PS-You may want to post this on the Florida sub board as that is where I got most of my help. Also maybe Alabama and Mississippi boards.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd like to help but I think I'm a little out off the way:tongue::tongue::tongue:
Yeah I think so too, but thanks for the offer cc. Your a real trooper :thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whisperwing,
When I had my relay it took about 2 weeks for my trailer to reach me. Every one that made it happen had different schedules and I let the 2 riders making each exchange make their own times as each has different times they are off work, etc. There are currently 2 riders in Ark that can get the trailer to me in West Monroe and then I can get it to say Hattiesburg or Mobile easily enough. The only riders I would be in contact with would be the rider getting me your trailer and the rider I am handing it off to. Mine sat at a riders house for 4 days before he could hookup with the next rider inline. With the heat we have had lately I think it is best to keep short handoffs? Anyways when you get a PENDING schedule let all of us know and we will make the handoffs for you at our times as I am off Thursdays through Sundays. Also when I did mine the STARTING rider put his current license plate on the shuttled trailer and when I got the trailer I mailed his plate back to him. Also the starting rider made sure all lights were working but that is up to all of us. I know I will make up an adapter while I pull it if you can get me a picture of the plug that is on the trailer now.
Eddie

PS-You may want to post this on the Florida sub board as that is where I got most of my help. Also maybe Alabama and Mississippi boards.
Yes, I sort of figured the schedules with everyone would come into play and that is understandable. I agree with you about the heat factor, it's something. I will let the guys who have offered their help so far know that things are coming together and will keep all posted on a schedule.

I was wondering how the trailer plate issue was handled. Is that the norm for the first guy to plate it and have the buyer return by mail? Are there any other options? Just curious, need to get this one right for everyone involved.

In the mean time I will try to get a picture/description of the trailer plug.

Thanks Eddie.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts