GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im not sure how the whole plate thing works. But I left you my number in a PM so we can start workin on the details. I can get it to mena on Wed evening. The guy from Mena says he can get to West Monroe on thursday. Anything I can do to help just let me know.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The trailer plate idea came from the first person that pulled my trailer...One of our Florida Brothers and NO NOT entirely LEGAL but passes a quick look see from the LEOs. You see we will be pulling a NON LICENSED trailer WITHOUT ANY paperwork, Title,Bill of Sale,Proof of ownership so the LEO could assume STOLEN? If they really wanted to be an A$$ and maybe having a bad day? I would like for the trailer lights to be working in case say a trooper gets in behind me for awhile so I would make a temp adapter if I could see the trailer side of the plug. The guys that pulled my relay would not accept any payment or gas money but since I have a shirt machine I made some of them that wanted them T shirts of the first GL1800 Trailer relay. I also made a bunch of the GL1800Riders.com decals in many colors and sent them to BrianH and JohnACman to hand out at the Florida RTEs. The relay should go smoothly as it depends only on 2 riders making each hookup at their convienence. I had no choice than to buy the Escapade as the fellow only wanted $300 for it so it was to cheap to pass up but I saw his post immediately and was just in time. You will like the Hannigan as a good friend of mine has one. Make sure if the previous owner has the shock spanner wrench to make sure the first rider gets it. No biggy but if he has it you may need it sometime if you need to adjust shocks for load GVWR?
Eddie

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
. You see we will be pulling a NON LICENSED trailer WITHOUT ANY paperwork, Title,Bill of Sale,Proof of ownership so the LEO could assume STOLEN?
Eddie
I am going to request from the seller that a copy of the Title, Bill of Sale along with my personal cell number be included with the trailer during transport. Hopefully this will ease any LEO's suspicion of illegal activity.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I can pick up from Roger (Wingjammer) and take down to Bradenton or a little further if that will help.

Thanks for the offer FL Cracker that would be a great help. This has been something, getting this all orginized. I have sent a pm to wingjammer reagarding his offer so if and when I hear back from him I will let you know.
Of course this is only if you are still able to help out. I am not sure of the exact days yet due to each riders schedule so when that gets closer to Florida I will be in touch with you.

Again thank you for your offer.

Jerry

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Thanks for the offer FL Cracker that would be a great help. This has been something, getting this all orginized. I have sent a pm to wingjammer reagarding his offer so if and when I hear back from him I will let you know.
Of course this is only if you are still able to help out. I am not sure of the exact days yet due to each riders schedule so when that gets closer to Florida I will be in touch with you.

Again thank you for your offer.

Jerry
PM answered. Cracker just wants a free lunch, I know his style. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Whisperwing you couldn't have picked a better time. We are headed to Destin next Friday 08/05/2011 by truck. If I could take posession by wed. I can deliver it to Destin by early evening on Friday and keep it there for the weekend. We will be leaving from Destin on Monday.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Congrats on a super buy!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
The quickest way is going to be by Jchefboyardee...

·
Registered
201 Posts
if Jchefboyardee takes it to Destin, I can pick it up there insted of Mobile

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Anybody hear anything on this relay? I'm ready. Need trailer plug info if available.
I am supposed to take possession tommorrow and take to Destin on Friday.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Way to go Jchef'ster

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Trailer relay has started. jgfan :biker:to JChefboyardee :biker:to dChristo :biker:to wingjammer :biker:to Fl Cracker :biker:and last to me.

Many thanks and appreciation to you guys for taking this on, especially in all this heat. I wish everyone a safe round trip ride.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Very admirable actions by very admirable people. It is nice to have good friends but never under-estimate good acquaintances.

There is still hope after all.

Z

·
Registered
165 Posts
Trailer is now in Fort Smith AR, will be on way to TX tomorrow. Will post a few pics of it later. Its a NICE trailer.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
this is so cool. You guys are the best ; makes me smile!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm in southeast Louisiana about 65 miles north of New Orleans. If I can help let me know.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts