GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those that are pulling trailers, what are some good tires that are good for 80 mph plus? I just bought a little cargo trailer that has 12" tires that are dry rotted. All 12" passenger tires are hard to find. Any help is much appreciated. I can't wait to get her fixed up and ready to camp!! I am doing a 12,000 mile trip through both extreme hot and cold weather....so I'll need a good one.:smile2:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
There is pretty much only one bias ply that I'm aware of that is 12" and that's the 4.80X12 available just about anyplace. That's what I run on my Escapade trailer and have for about 80K give or take. Never a failure. I tried a radial but it wouldn't clear the inside of the wheel well enough. I think it was a 120X12 but it might have been a 140X 12

·
Vendor
17,823 Posts
If radials fit and area available, they're known to track better than bias-ply.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is pretty much only one bias ply that I'm aware of that is 12" and that's the 4.80X12 available just about anyplace. That's what I run on my Escapade trailer and have for about 80K give or take. Never a failure. I tried a radial but it wouldn't clear the inside of the wheel well enough. I think it was a 120X12 but it might have been a 140X 12
Thanks I just found some Taskmasters that are 6 ply and rated 81 mph. Now I'm having the hardest time finding so pretty 12" chrome wheels for it. Its just about imposible. Plenty of 14" and up but like you said, I don't think it would fit in me fender well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tire

Thanks I just found some Taskmasters that are 6 ply and rated 81 mph. Now I'm having the hardest time finding so pretty 12" chrome wheels for it. Its just about imposible. Plenty of 14" and up but like you said, I don't think it would fit in me fender well.
Like Big_Bear said etrailer.com
That's the tires I put on my ESCAPADE, bought some Silver and Black wheels.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do a search on Carlisle tires.

Reactions: Wild Turkey

·
Registered
516 Posts
There are radial tires available, I use these on my Rollahome:

Kenda Karrier S-Trail ST145/R12 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range D

They are just a tad wider and taller than the bias tire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
Local farm supply?

Not on chrome rims (but I did not inquire if they could be ordered)
I bought 2 5.30x12, load range C trailer tires, on new white spoke rims for $59 each last year.
It was less expensive than just going to the tire shop and getting new tires mounted.

They kept them in stock for most of the spring and summer.
Need another set so I am sure they will be way more money this year...:)
Hope this helps

bryon

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Like Big_Bear said etrailer.com
That's the tires I put on my ESCAPADE, bought some Silver and Black wheels.
But I bet your Escapade is 5 lugs? My little Coleman Caboose is 4 lugs which makes it hard to find.

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts