GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this post made more sense here rather than under the trailers forum since most of the posts there are about trailers that you pull with your bike.

Aluma no longer sells the TK1 trike trailer, so I bought the 6310 model utility trailer. It is 63 inches wide and 10 feet long. I was able to load my Champion Goldwing trike using the tail gate that is on the trailer. I got a very small scratch on the edge of the trailer bed, so something is barely touching when I load the bike. I looked under the trike, but could not find any noticeable damage or scrape marks. The lowest part of the trike is the bar that connects the two running boards. I do not plan on buying any other ramps.

Dave

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dave I'd lay a 2X6 under the lip of the drop down gate. Resting the gate on the front third of the board provides reduced load angle while allowing the tires to climb the initial 1.5 inch step up onto the board before taking the second step onto the gate. If you just barely rubbed, that extra 1.5 inch lift will probably eliminate the dragging.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
Yep! What Rush, mentioned above.............. (y)

·
Registered
488 Posts
I wonder why Alumna stopped making the TK1. I have one and it is just perfect for the trike. I wouldn’t think it was for lack of people wanting them, because it was always hard to find one in stock.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aluma also stopped selling the MCT and MCTXL cargo trailers. I had an MCT trailer a few years ago and it was a great trailer and much less expensive than the Bushtec trailers.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Raising the front of the trailer before you load the bike will also help.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is the center stand still on it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts