GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[HR][/HR]UPDATE: First off let me thank everyone who has offered to help make this happen. My friend is just kind of incredulous that people who don't even know him jumped in and offered their help. You all made a good impression on him!

That being said, the deal is off. They just couldn't get together on a deal that both parties were happy with. So, he is moving on and buying something else, even though it is costing him more than the one in Florida. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Again....THANK YOU for all your offers!

Joe

I have a riding buddy -not a member here, doesn't like computers...but does ride a Wing- who wants to buy a small cargo trailer located in Tampa, FL. Only problem is, we are in northern Indiana.
Just wondering if there is anyone located down that way who is planning a trip north, say to the Chattanooga/Nashville area (or somewhere about half way) in the coming weeks and could drag the trailer up that far with them? My buddy could meet in that area to take possession. Maybe over Spring Break week? I realize most people are going the opposite direction over Spring Break, but just on the small chance that someone is coming this way I thought I'd throw it out there.

Please let me know if you could assist, and Thanks!!

Joe

____

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
I am hoping to make an early appearance at daytona bike week and then come back home in time for evening shift to start if he can work something out close to the I95 corridor

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping to make an early appearance at daytona bike week and then come back home in time for evening shift to start if he can work something out close to the I95 corridor
Thanks, man. I'll pass it on to him and see if he can get it across the state somehow.

·
Registered
526 Posts
There are sprint car races in Ocala and Tampa this weekend. There will surely be people attending these races from the Hoosier state. I just got home from 8 days of racing (watching) in Florida yesterday, sorry.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I'll be glad to pick it up in Tampa and bring it to Knightrider in Daytona.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be glad to pick it up in Tampa and bring it to Knightrider in Daytona.
Thanks, Rob! That is cool. I will touch base with my buddy and with kniterider and see if we can pull it together. Getting it as far as Maryland will be a big help, a lot closer than Sunny Florida!

Joe

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
I'm coming to Knoxville via Atlanta the end of March. I'm leaving JAX on 3/26, and then on to Knoxville on the 28th. I will also be in Daytona during Bike week.

If he doesn't mind waiting till the end of March to get it, I'll be glad to keep it in the garage here in Jacksonville until I can drag it to Knoxville. I have a Bushtec hitch on my bike with a 1 7/8" ball on it. As long as the trailer has the same ball hitch (it should), the same wiring harness (5 pin flat) and some sort of tag, then no problem.

I have talked to Lewis at Electrical Connection and he's willing to keep it in his warehouse until you can come to Knoxville and get it.

Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm coming to Knoxville via Atlanta the end of March. I'm leaving JAX on 3/26, and then on to Knoxville on the 28th. I will also be in Daytona during Bike week.

If he doesn't mind waiting till the end of March to get it, I'll be glad to keep it in the garage here in Jacksonville until I can drag it to Knoxville. I have a Bushtec hitch on my bike with a 1 7/8" ball on it. As long as the trailer has the same ball hitch (it should), the same wiring harness (5 pin flat) and some sort of tag, then no problem.

I have talked to Lewis at Electrical Connection and he's willing to keep it in his warehouse until you can come to Knoxville and get it.

Let me know if I can help.
Wow, Bartman...that is awesome! Not sure but I think Knoxville would be closer than Maryland. I will contact my buddy and see what he says, but this looks like a real option!

Joe

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Wow, Bartman...that is awesome! Not sure but I think Knoxville would be closer than Maryland. I will contact my buddy and see what he says, but this looks like a real option!

Joe
Yes sir I think he is about 150 miles closer 419 vs 640

·
Registered
9,115 Posts

Joe
Just one small caveat....if the weather looks bad the week I'm planning on going to Knoxville, I will wait a week. I really don't want to go all the way to Knoxville and have 4 days of bad weather. After all, the whole purpose is ride in the mountains! :coffee1:

I may even go up a week early. :shrug:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just one small caveat....if the weather looks bad the week I'm planning on going to Knoxville, I will wait a week. I really don't want to go all the way to Knoxville and have 4 days of bad weather. After all, the whole purpose is ride in the mountains! :coffee1:

I may even go up a week early. :shrug:
Not a problem. We are in Indiana...aren't likely to be riding anywhere significant for quite a while yet. Ben (my buddy) won't absolutely need the trailer until probably mid-summer, so timing isn't all that critical.

Joe

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Ok well I will be plan B

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE: First off let me thank everyone who has offered to help make this happen. My friend is just kind of incredulous that people who don't even know him jumped in and offered their help. You all made a good impression on him!

That being said, the deal is off. They just couldn't get together on a deal that both parties were happy with. So, he is moving on and buying something else, even though it is costing him more than the one in Florida. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Again....THANK YOU for all your offers!

Joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts