GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Kuryakyn plug and play kit for trailer wiring. It takes two items, 3230 play harness and the 7676 relay kit. I was doing fine until I started to connect the 3230 "14 pin" connector beneath the seat. Found no way it was going to fit. The plugs are just too large. On more careful inspection I found the 2012 gl1800 only has a 12 pin connector. Ive called Kuryakyn customer service and am waiting for a response.

Has anyone else tried installing this plug and play tailer wiring harness kit?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Interesting. My dealer sold me on the Kuryakyn harness kit. Has not been installed yet, we are waiting for the 2012 trailer hitch to come out. He has three parts to put on.
1. KU7659 hitch receptacle
2. KU 7675 5 to 4 converter kit
3. KU 7676 plug and play trailer wiring

I'll be waiting to see how you make out.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Look a little further back to the rear of the bike & further down inside/under the wiring. I had the same problem, but that is the wrong plug. Once you find the right plug, goes together very easily. Added the add-on hitch 2 weeks ago to my 2012.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trailer wiring

Look a little further back to the rear of the bike & further down inside/under the wiring. I had the same problem, but that is the wrong plug. Once you find the right plug, goes together very easily. Added the add-on hitch 2 weeks ago to my 2012.
Hey thanks for the tip. I will keep digging. I got a response from Kuryakn today they advised that ther is a 12 pin connector. I also installed the 7626 kit also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts