GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI:

Several months ago I posted a request on this site for info or comments as to how we might trailer two Goldwings about 1,000 miles from Houston to New Mexico. I got several good suggestions including a comment from a Harley guy that 1,000 miles is just a nice day trip on a Harley. (Consider the source) None the less we ended up finding a rental place in Pasadena TX (near Houston) that rents super great bike trailers that were near perfect for carrying two Goldwings.

The place is Bay Area Rentals in Pasadena TX. If you need more info Google it. The price was about $240 for one week. I have some pictures that show the trailer and our bikes on it. It took us maybe an hour to adequately tie the bikes down but after that we were good to go. If I knew how to post them with this note I would do it, but I don't.

I'm not getting paid a dime for mentioning the rental place and they don't know I'm writing this. But just in case someone else has the same need we had and if you are close to the Houston area, give them a look.

Cheers.

Chris

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Glad you were able to find a rental place. I only found 1 around Central Florida as well. Looks to be about the same price range as yours...I never did rent it and rode instead....

Buttt, IF I ever need one, 1 place is better than none.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
chris,

thanks for posting this. i am sure someone else will be needing to do the same thing as you did,,in trailing their's, as well as another couples...wing ,,going to some destination.
for $240 for a full week, that works out very cheap,,,for two people/couples chipping in on the trailer,,,huh?
good deal!

bc

·
Registered
325 Posts
I took this photo inside the outhouse at Luckenbach Texas in 2009. I thought it was pretty dang funny.

I've nothing against trailering when it fits in better with your plans. I've trailered long distance twice myself. It does seem like you see an awful lot of Harleys on trailers on the interstate.
DonnieJoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts