1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Both those classes are highly respected. I've done a couple similar ride like a pro classes. Lots of fun.
Also the Lee Parks Total Control is very good. I've taught MFS BRC2 classes. They are good to work on basics.

Enjoy!

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've taken the the 1st and 2nd level class of MSF. I haven't found anyone that teaches the advanced class or 3rd level.
I try to take one class a year to helpme survivethe mean streets.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I've been riding motorcycles since 1966, and have always had one in my garage always... So I went to a motorcycle show, and actually won a gift certificate to a riding school in my area..
*My thoughts were ok, I'll go, but this is going to boring , and a waste of my time,* What can anybody possibly teach me, that I don't already know?? WRONG! Holy shi# I was surprised, I was amazed , I was in total mis believing, on how much I actually learned...WOW! is all I can say, if you haven't gone to a class, in the past five years, I highly recommend going, YOU WILL LEARN ALOT!
At the end of the class I honestly went up to the instructors and thank'd them, and sent a letter to the owners of this school, also highly praised them for all their help....
Now I'm looking for a class on how to ride a trike'd out wing, if there's such a class please let me know.........Thank you!

Ronnie

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Pioneer Valley Rider Training (Westfield, Massachusetts)
(advanced riders course)

telephone number (888)256-0145

I am in no way associated, with this school, in fact I just had to google the school to get it's name and number...

But I can tell you, that again, I was amazed, on what I had learned!

Ronnie
Now that you got me "thinking" about it, I'm going to call them myself to see if they actually offer courses on riding trikes now that I'm on three!

Reactions: RickLB

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ride with a few different groupsps and some of them need to take a class or two. Most will tell you they know how to ride cause they've been riding for x amount of years. They really could benefit from a class more than they know. Thanks for your testimonial Ronnie....

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've taken the the 1st and 2nd level class of MSF. I haven't found anyone that teaches the advanced class or 3rd level.
I try to take one class a year to helpme survivethe mean streets.
:agree: The MSF is the only show in town here in So. Ohio. Always a good refresher and as I age that's more important. Never yet seen the advanced rider taught in this state.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:agree: The MSF is the only show in town here in So. Ohio. Always a good refresher and as I age that's more important. Never yet seen the advanced rider taught in this state.
I've never heard of the advanced being taught in SC, just beginner and intermediate.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Any one have any good motorcycle classes that they attend?

I am attending a Ride like a Pro class this coming Saturday. https://ridelikeaprosc.com/ I let y'all know how that goes.

My wife got me a gift certificate to go do the class at the BMW track, I just have to schedule it. It should be interesting....
https://bmwperformancecenter.com/school/classes/motorrad#on-road

Well, it's Monday am now and I'm wondering how the ridelikeapro class went on Saturday. I suspect you enjoyed it and had a great time.

But I gotta ask this(and don't kill me):
You can turn that GW within two parking spaces, which means you have excellent control at slow speed maneuvering, so WHY did you decide to take this class, which uses 24 ft spaces, not 18ft spaces? Or have they added something to this class I do not know about?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GOV5 the class is Saturday, 9 Mar. I posted about it at 10:22am on 2 Mar.

I try and take a class every year, no real reason.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
GOV5 the class is Saturday, 9 Mar. I posted about it at 10:22am on 2 Mar.

I try and take a class every year, no real reason.

Gotcha! That's a good idea too. Too bad there isn't an advanced class in S.C. I checked the link you put up about the BMW training class. That looked like it was pretty intense to me. I bet there is some "close contact" skills taught there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ride with a few different groupsps and some of them need to take a class or two. Most will tell you they know how to ride cause they've been riding for x amount of years. They really could benefit from a class more than they know. Thanks for your testimonial Ronnie....

Ironically, I believe it is the Motorman himself who said he had been riding twenty years when he started training as a motorcycle cop. He found out, he had been making the same mistakes the same number of years.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotcha! That's a good idea too. Too bad there isn't an advanced class in S.C. I checked the link you put up about the BMW training class. That looked like it was pretty intense to me. I bet there is some "close contact" skills taught there.
They recommend you rent and ride one of their bikes so as to not harm your own. I agree it should be a intense training session.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
goldwing

This is my opinion so no one get their shorts in a knot.

Too many people on this forum focus on slow maneuvers as if that's the end all be all. It's more important to work on looking ahead at speed and seeing the problem before it becomes one. Excellent braking skills can save you, making a slow turn in a parking lot, not so much. If you get good enough looking ahead you might not need to use your excellent braking skills.

Again, it's nice if you can turn tightly, but it probably won't save your life.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rayjoe I can agree to a point.... I wish there was a class that went out on the street and trained. I see way to many motorcyclists that don't use the 3 different lane positions to their advantage. To me that is what causes them a lot of issues with others not seeing them.
To often we blame a cager for a motorcycle accident or death but sometimes that cyclists plays a big part in the accident or death, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Snipped

Again, it's nice if you can turn tightly, but it probably won't save your life.

Rayjoe
Unless you are forced to make a tight u-turn on a narrow road, especially near some blind curves.
Also, I suspect RLAP teaches the brake and escape maneuver. That can be a life saving skill.
Low speed skills can save dropped bikes and broken bones.

But you are correct. Looking ahead and seeing the problem before it happens is one of the most important skills.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts