GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2018 Tour DCT and have noticed that when I am slowing down and in 7th gear in tour mode, I close the throttle and change from tour mode to econ mode, the bike downshifts two gears. Now the engine is racing at over 3,000 rpms.
This also happens when I am going at a slower speed, and of course the rpms don't go as high, but it is still annoying.
Anyone notice their bike dropping 2 gears when changing from Tour to Econ Mode?

·
Love The DCT
11,453 Posts
The tranny is downshifting because the sequence is; TOUR, SPORT, ECON, RAIN. You cannot go directly from TOUR to ECON.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
When you want to move from Tour to Econ mode, do NOT roll off the throttle first. As murf said, you'll go through Sport first and no matter how fast you do it, the computer will still want to downshift you. instead, move into Econ mode first, while still on throttle. Econ will be flashing. THEN, roll off and back on the throttle for the change to take effect. This will prevent the downshift.

·
Registered
486 Posts
When you want to move from Tour to Econ mode, do NOT roll off the throttle first. As murf said, you'll go through Sport first and no matter how fast you do it, the computer will still want to downshift you. instead, move into Econ mode first, while still on throttle. Econ will be flashing. THEN, roll off and back on the throttle for the change to take effect. This will prevent the downshift.
Good info. I had the same complaint. Didn't understand why it did that but do now. Makes perfect sense

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have gone from tour to eco, I expect it to make shift changes due to rpm adjustment for the mode level, usually 1 gear. I back off the throttle and double click the mode, then I am set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts