GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been riding my Black 1800A for about a year now but have not yet taken an overnight trip. Am now thinking of making the journey to the Honda Hoot in June and was wondering what recommendations you have for packing the bike for a week long stay. It is about 750 miles from where I am in Florida. Thanks.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
if your riding alone its very easy.heres my plan. left saddle bag with important safety stuff. tie downs, rain gear, decent basic tool kit, small first aid setup, whatever one needs to ward off a small problem. right saddlebag, flex cooler, snacks. top trunk for clothes.

all important papers,reg, insurance stuff, in a zippered pouch in a safe easy to get at area. along with towing numbers and info.

cell phone and gps in front pockets.

plan ahead for motels.

worry before you leave, enjoy after you leave.

loren

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Big Whiz,

Meesh and I do a lot of long haul travel. Here is what we do. We take enough change clothes for 3 days. Usually anywhere we stay, they have a washer and dryer for the guests.We wash clothes even if it is one days worth. We take our oldest underwear etc, just in case we run short, we can throw them away and buy another package of three at any discount store.

Packing, I get one saddlebag and that it. We do use the Zippered bags made for the the saddlebags and trunk. A new option out now is the Chrisco Cargo keepers. The second bag is for all the bike stuff. Puncture kit, air compressor, cover etc. Plus any overflow from the Bulldog bag.

My Princess gets the whole trunk, and I don't bother with her space. We both pack individually, so there can be no less than positive discussions down the road.

Packing for 3 days with a few changes for light coat or sweater, extra pair of boots or shoes. We figure that if we did not bring, but need it, we go buy it. No sense in getting aggravated over small stuff.

Another thing that we like to do is carry on our person and in the bike, an emergency card with all of the personal details a stranger might need in case of an emergency. (hope you never need it)

Oh yeah, Don't forget an extra set of keys, and definitely do not forget your credit card...You are going to need it.

Bon Voyage

Bulldog

·
Registered
23 Posts
Travel Question

I agree with Bull Dog, but I also add an empty helmet bag with some tie downs. That way if I buy too much to pack for the trip home I can put them in the bag and strap them to the back seat. Of course this only works if you're riding solo. Also bring a garbage bag to put the helmet bag in just in case it rains on the trip.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have one of them mesh bags I keep rolled up with 2 bungies. Its saved me when I just didn'r have anymore room in my bags,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts