GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been monitoring this board and another for a while and have not seen much about Travelcade seats. :( Does anyone have one? I am headed to Daytona 8) and thinking about checking them out.

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
DON'T DO IT!!! Unless you want a uncomfortable, very expensive Road Brick. I bought one for my Kawasaki Voyager, paid $850.00 for it, sold it on Ebay for $400.00 because I couldn't stand it and Travelcade wanted to charge me full price to alter it (slightly over 1 year old). For me, NEVER AGAIN will they get a penny from me. If you ask nicely, I'll tell you what I really think about them. :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
road sofa seat

i had a road sofa seat on my harley ultra last summer so when i traded my harley for the gold wing i installed another road sofa on it too. i love it. i might add that im currently selling a road sofa seat with bacrest and passenger backrest cover that is covered with the dark blue velour. im asking $500 including shipping.

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
DRS 347.....I don't know where in Daytona you are going to "check them out". They are based on the West Coast! :(

Hartco and Diamond are close to Daytona!

Good Hunting......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Travelcade Seat

Red - I was hoping that they would have a rep there like some of the other seat vendors. I bought a Corbin at Laughlin in '96 when I was riding a Wide Glide. I'm 6'2" and 210 and the stock seat is just too cramped for me. :cry:

I've only got 6,000 miles on my '03 (Got a new bike after the divorce last year) and want something comfortable. I'm open to suggestions and will listen to all opinions. :chat:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Road Sofa

I've had the Road Sofa for about a year now and find it to be very comfortable. You really do settle into the gel after a thousand miles or so and the seat molds to your butt.I've had a Diamond and a Corbin in the past. While the Diamond was a good seat I wanted the velour but all the stitching on the Diamond made the velour a bad choice for their seat. The Corbin was a work of art but I found it way too hard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Road Sofa

rdbuck - Does the Road Sofa move you back about an inch or two? I need to be moved back to become more comfortable with the bike. If I can find a good seating position then all will be well with the world. Also do you have a back rest on yours? Thanks for the additional info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Road Sofa

Mine moved me back about 1" and down about 3/4". Thye will build it to suit your needs and if it is wrong or not what you want when you first try it they will change it free of charge(except for your end of shipping). I made a mistake due to the fact that I changed windshields during the time my seat was being made. I needed to be higher not lower. Sent the seat back after riding season and they altered it free of charge. That was my experience. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I've had the Roadsofa covered in velour for about 2500 miles. I have no complaints about it. The fit isn't as exact as the stock seat, but I feel it's acceptable. The gel does have a break in period, although Travelcade says it's shape never changes. One thing about the gel, it retains heat for a LONG time. I've learned to throw a white towel over the seat if I'm parking in the sun for any period of time.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
Is the stock seat faulty?!?!?!

It seems very comfortable to me and I do have a tender ars..

prs

·
Registered
41 Posts
To Pigeon Roost

The foam in the stock seat is soft and mashes down after a long day in the saddle. If I ride several long days the foam completely compacts down to the seat pan. I am 6'1" and 190 lbs.

boB

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well said DRBob. Unfortunatly I had to stretch my budget just to buy my wing and the aftermarket seats are very pricey. I just have to stop and walk it off a bit more often than I'd like too on the longer trips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts