GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a trip from the DFW area to Flagstaff/Grand Canyon and then down to Phoenix then back home May 2-5. Don't really have time to stop and smell the roses coming back but thinking about leaving Phoenix, head to Las Cruces, up to Alamogorda then across Hwy 82 to Hobbs, then across Texas. Any thoughts or suggestions about the route thru New Mexico?

Thanks,
David

PS Leaving Phoenix around 1pm. Just looking at Google Maps, might stop for the night in Las Cruces. Looks like a neat road from Lordsborg, up 90 to Silver City, then across 152 to I-25 then down to Las Cruces.

·
Registered
34 Posts
New Mexico

We will be riding as well from Phx to Las Cruces, Roswell, Amarillo and parts east during the 2nd week in May. Though we're still 2 weeks away I have researched and found, currently, strong winds from Las Cruces to Amarillo. Hopefully, they will not be present for our ride. I've been in some strong ones and they are not all that "unsafe." However, they SURE take ALL the fun out of a day's ride! Also, there are occasional road closures of 70 due to missile firing from White Sands. Hope this helps. Ride safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts