GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Indy while we were up there. I had a wild experience checking in the first night. It went something like this. I got into Indy a day early and was assured that I could get my reservation moved ahead to take care of the room. When I arrived around midnight the deskman advised me that he had already started to run his audit and since it was now the next day that I was already in the room and I couldn't get another room because the computer had assigned the room to me. Unfortunately a guest who had checked in before midnight was in the room. I asked him if the hotel was full (since the parking lot was half empty) and he said that it was fully booked now since it was past midnight and it was now the next day. Finally I convinced him to give me a key for a room that was vacant for the night. I slid the card in the lock only to find the security latch in place when I swung the door open. I got back downstairs very fast.

Now he finds another key that he guarantees is empty and he advised me that I would have to change rooms the next morning as I wasn't registered to this room by the computer.

He then advised me that he knew what he was doing as his last job was at a nuclear power plant.

I never saw him again after that and I have a feeling that he no longer worked there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was there two weeks ago. Snow, Sleet, Rain, Freezing rain. Makes you appreciate Florida. Let us know if there are any Honda updates and stay warm!
:blw1:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fairfield Inn

Seems to be a common problem at Fairfield Inns. My SO and I were in a Fairfield Inn last summer with a three day reservation on the room. The second night we were there someone unlocked the door, here too the night latch was all that stopped them from getting in. Couple of minutes later the phone rang and the front desk wanted to know who was in the room, when we told them, they said we were checked out and that we had several phone calls and that the callers were told we had checked out. We were there because of a serious illness in the family and the hospital was trying to reach us for medical authorization. We raised hell and they comped us the room for all three days..

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
He then advised me that he knew what he was doing as his last job was at a nuclear power plant.

I never saw him again after that and I have a feeling that he no longer worked there.
Hal, Here is a photo of your hotel. It made headlines in our paper today!! :D :D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hedoman, you be one warped dude :!:

Loved it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thats as good as the old "who's on first) bit......Funny....
Ron :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
LMAO.........Loved it hedoman LOL

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I wonder if he worked there at all? Was probably a customer looking for an extra key! :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Hedo, thats actually a picture of the power plant he USE to work at :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Had a key for a room at a Howard Johnson's in Orlando given to me. We went to the room with all our bags in hand. I swiped the card and walked in on some big (really big) hispanic guy lying on the bed in his underwear watching TV. I froze from the initial surprise and then said "Sorry" and quickly closed the door. Due to a language barrier I have no idea what he had to say about it. We went back to the front desk got another key for a different room and got the room for half price. I told my wife if it had been the other way around we would have gotten the room for free and a whole lot more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts